    Thanks for any input . . .
    --
    alan
    alan, Mar 30, 2009

  2. alan

    PeeCee Guest

    "alan" <> wrote in message
    news:gQVzl.11006$...
    > Satisfied with 8.0, and always wary of the "latest version" of anything,
    > I've put off downloading it. Has anyone had any experience with it so
    > far? Any problems?
    > Thanks for any input . . .
    > --
    > alan

    Installed it last week, no problems.

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Mar 30, 2009

  3. alan

    1PW Guest

    On 03/29/2009 07:08 PM, alan sent:
    > Satisfied with 8.0, and always wary of the "latest version" of anything,
    > I've put off downloading it. Has anyone had any experience with it so
    > far? Any problems?
    > Thanks for any input . . .

    Hello Alan:

    According to many, the newer AVG will certainly increase its footprint
    in your system. Nonetheless, this is still regarded by many as a fine
    weapon in your antimalware arsenal.

    In the malware newsgroups, AVG, Avira, Avast & NOD32 are the better
    products with the most mention. Then too the most experienced users are
    staying away from antimalware suites and going with individual solutions.

    HTH

    Pete
    --
    1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
    1PW, Mar 31, 2009
  4. alan

    alan Guest

    "1PW" <> wrote in message
    > On 03/29/2009 07:08 PM, alan sent:
    >> Satisfied with 8.0, and always wary of the "latest version" of anything,
    >> I've put off downloading it. Has anyone had any experience with it so
    >> far? Any problems?
    >> Thanks for any input . . .

    > Hello Alan:
    >
    > According to many, the newer AVG will certainly increase its footprint
    > in your system. Nonetheless, this is still regarded by many as a fine
    > weapon in your antimalware arsenal.
    >
    > In the malware newsgroups, AVG, Avira, Avast & NOD32 are the better
    > products with the most mention. Then too the most experienced users are
    > staying away from antimalware suites and going with individual solutions.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Pete

    (First of all, let me thank all those who've already given me some input on
    my query)
    Pete: Can you be more specific about what you mean by "individual
    solutions"?
    Thanks
    --
    alan