    Looking for a recommendation for a good free AV software package to
    download. Gettting tired of the high fees and bloated SW from the classical
    vendors. TIA
    Fred, May 19, 2006

  2. Fred

    Plato Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > Looking for a recommendation for a good free AV software package to
    > download. Gettting tired of the high fees and bloated SW from the classical
    > vendors. TIA

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    anti-virus section
    Plato, May 19, 2006

  3. Fred

    g len Guest

    g'day fred,

    i've found avg to be reliable and it's free, also heard good things
    about avaste.

    snipped
    With peace and brightest of blessings,

    len

    --
    "Be Content With What You Have And
    A World That You May Not Understand."

    http://mywebsite.bigpond.com/gardenlen2/
    g len, May 19, 2006
  4. Fred

    JTJersey Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:32:59 +0000, Fred wrote:

    > Looking for a recommendation for a good free AV software package to
    > download. Gettting tired of the high fees and bloated SW from the classical
    > vendors. TIA

    AVG Free for Windows.

    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, May 19, 2006
  5. Fred

    dogbreath Guest

    On Fri, 19 May 2006 16:42:28 -0400, JTJersey <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 19 May 2006 14:32:59 +0000, Fred wrote:
    >
    >> Looking for a recommendation for a good free AV software package to
    >> download. Gettting tired of the high fees and bloated SW from the classical
    >> vendors. TIA

    >AVG Free for Windows.
    >
    >http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

    I'd vote for AVG too. It stays more in the background than Avast.
    With Avast, every time you do something it starts spinning around in
    your system tray. Makes me wonder if I did something bad.
    dogbreath, May 19, 2006
  6. Fred

    dadiOH Guest

    dogbreath wrote:

    > I'd vote for AVG too. It stays more in the background than Avast.
    > With Avast, every time you do something it starts spinning around in
    > your system tray. Makes me wonder if I did something bad.

    Turn it off if you don't like it. You can dump the systray icon too if you
    wish. Both in "Program Settings"

    --

    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...