    the packaging clearly states fullscreen, but does not indicate a widescreen
    version, meanwhile the specs for the disk at futureshop and DVD planet say
    it has both versions.

    Timekill, Jan 19, 2004

  2. In article <i2ROb.3126$>,
    says...

    >hi all,
    >
    >can anyone confirm if the DVD contains the widescreen version of the film?
    >the packaging clearly states fullscreen, but does not indicate a widescreen
    >version, meanwhile the specs for the disk at futureshop and DVD planet say
    >it has both versions.

    My version has both widescreen and fullscreen on it.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo, Jan 19, 2004

  3. The Canadian edition only has the fullscreen version. It seems the American
    version has both formats.

    Brad Smilanich, Jan 19, 2004
  4. If you are in the US, the US version has both anamorphic widescreen and
    full screen versions. Not sure how it is in Canada or other countries.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Timekill

    Daniel Tonks Guest

    "Timekill" <> wrote in message
    > hi all,
    >
    > can anyone confirm if the DVD contains the widescreen version of the film?
    > the packaging clearly states fullscreen, but does not indicate a

    widescreen
    > version, meanwhile the specs for the disk at futureshop and DVD planet say
    > it has both versions.

    It's widescreen & fullscreen in the US, but fullscreen only in Canada. To
    fit on the French language track, they removed the widescreen transfer.

    - Daniel

    Daniel Tonks, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Timekill

    J Smith Guest

    Bloody French

    J Smith, Jan 20, 2004
  7. Timekill

    Shadowspawn Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:08:07 -0500, "Daniel Tonks"
    <dtonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM> wrote:

    >"Timekill" <> wrote in message
    >> hi all,
    >>
    >> can anyone confirm if the DVD contains the widescreen version of the film?
    >> the packaging clearly states fullscreen, but does not indicate a

    >widescreen
    >> version, meanwhile the specs for the disk at futureshop and DVD planet say
    >> it has both versions.

    >It's widescreen & fullscreen in the US, but fullscreen only in Canada. To
    >fit on the French language track, they removed the widescreen transfer.
    >
    >- Daniel

    Wow - does a language track actually equal a full copy of the movie.

    Shadowspawn, Jan 20, 2004
  8. >Wow - does a language track actually equal a full copy of the movie.

    No, but with two 97 minute movies plus extras crammed on a single dual layer
    disc I suspect any more content would degrade the quality from "acceptable" to
    "poor". IMHO the $20 street price is a ripoff for this kind of quality, but oh
    well...

    The right way to do this of course would be to have seperate fullscreen and
    widescreen editions, or else have a two disc set. However Disney caters to
    parents that just want to have something to entertain their kids, not film
    fans.

    --
    Monte Castleman, <<Spamfilter in Use>>
    Bloomington, MN to email, remove the "q" from my address

    Monte Castleman, Jan 20, 2004
  9. Timekill

    Jay G Guest

    Monte Castleman <> wrote:

    > The right way to do this of course would be to have seperate
    > fullscreen and widescreen editions, or else have a two disc set.
    > However Disney caters to parents that just want to have something to
    > entertain their kids, not film fans.

    Well, Disney offered two seperate releases for "Holes." Also
    many of their animated features are available on DVD in WS
    only. So such a broad statement about Disney's attitude towards
    film fans seems to be innaccurate.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Jan 21, 2004