    password over a 5 minute phone call because he can't grasp the idea of
    a complex password.

    ....butch(sheesh)
    fygar, Jul 13, 2004

  2. fygar

    Consultant Guest

    that is everywhere, non-os specific

    Consultant, Jul 13, 2004

  3. fygar

    fygar Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:37:24 -0700, "Consultant"
    <> wrote:

    I'm thinking about how rolling Linux out to these folks would cause a
    meltdown in enterprises everywhere.

    >that is everywhere, non-os specific
    >
    >"fygar" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I'll never understand how the Linux zealots think that we can roll out
    >> Linux to our user base at large.
    >>
    >> I just had to help a guy with an engineering degree change his
    >> password over a 5 minute phone call because he can't grasp the idea of
    >> a complex password.
    >>
    >> ...butch(sheesh)

    ....butch()
    fygar, Jul 13, 2004
  4. fygar

    Consultant Guest

    i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals

    Consultant, Jul 13, 2004
  5. fygar

    fygar Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:22:43 -0700, "Consultant"
    <> wrote:

    >i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals

    Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
    and be done with it.

    ....butch()
    fygar, Jul 13, 2004
  6. fygar

    Doom Guest

    "fygar" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:22:43 -0700, "Consultant"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals
    > >

    > Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
    > and be done with it.
    >

    > ...butch()

    That might work but they would still open virus infected emails. Lusers- you
    can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.
    Doom, Jul 13, 2004
  7. fygar

    Neil Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in

    > That might work but they would still open virus infected emails.
    > Lusers- you can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

    YOU _CAN'T_ KILL THEM?!?!

    crap, I better bury these in a hurry...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 13, 2004
  8. fygar

    Doom Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "Doom" <> wrote in
    >
    > > That might work but they would still open virus infected emails.
    > > Lusers- you can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

    > YOU _CAN'T_ KILL THEM?!?!
    >
    > crap, I better bury these in a hurry...

    GOOD LUCK IN PRISON
    Doom, Jul 13, 2004
  9. fygar

    catwalker63 Guest

    You can bruise them a little, though.

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 13, 2004
  10. fygar

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in message

    > "fygar" <> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:22:43 -0700, "Consultant"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >i say you just deploy metaframe and winterminals
    > > >

    > > Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
    > > and be done with it.
    > >

    > > ...butch()

    > That might work but they would still open virus infected emails. Lusers-

    you
    > can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

    I wouldn't want to kill them--they're keeping me employed. I'm sure the
    majority of people here have at least once helped a desparate user who
    couldn't log in because their caps lock was on. I can live with this sort of
    minor irritation as long as I have a mortgage to pay.

    Steve
    molsonexpert, Jul 13, 2004
  11. fygar

    Doom Guest

    "molsonexpert" <> wrote in message

    > "Doom" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "fygar" <> wrote in message

    > > > Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
    > > > and be done with it.
    > > >

    > > > ...butch()

    > > That might work but they would still open virus infected emails. Lusers-

    > you
    > > can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.
    > >

    > I wouldn't want to kill them--they're keeping me employed. I'm sure the
    > majority of people here have at least once helped a desparate user who
    > couldn't log in because their caps lock was on. I can live with this sort

    of
    > minor irritation as long as I have a mortgage to pay.
    >
    > Steve

    That's a good point. Sometimes I get so irritated by them I forget they
    ensure job security. OK so I wouldn't kill them but I sure would like to
    beat some of them with a smart stick.
    Doom, Jul 13, 2004
  12. fygar

    Consultant Guest

    besides, they make for a good laugh when drinking with your other geek
    friends

    Consultant, Jul 13, 2004
  13. fygar

    JaR Guest

    Consultant wrote:

    > besides, they make for a good laugh when drinking with your other geek
    > friends

    If you can't laugh at your lusers, what are they good for?
    JaR, Jul 13, 2004
  14. fygar

    catwalker63 Guest

    Not very much. <sigh> I miss them. <sob>

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 13, 2004
  15. fygar

    Neil Guest

    JaR <> wrote in news:OEsB4lQaEHA.3420
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > can't laugh at your lusers, what are they good for?

    paychecks

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 13, 2004
  16. fygar

    Neil Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote in news:#Ht6aaQaEHA.1152
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    >> "Doom" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > That might work but they would still open virus infected emails.
    >> > Lusers- you can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.

    >> YOU _CAN'T_ KILL THEM?!?!
    >>
    >> crap, I better bury these in a hurry...
    >>

    > GOOD LUCK IN PRISON

    ***YAWN***

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 13, 2004
  17. fygar

    fygar Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:29:23 -0400, "molsonexpert" <>
    wrote:

    >"Doom" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "fygar" <> wrote in message

    >> > Perhaps I could lock the desktop down to an Outlook and a Word icon
    >> > and be done with it.
    >> >

    >> > ...butch()

    >> That might work but they would still open virus infected emails. Lusers-

    >you
    >> can't teach them anything yet you can't kill them.
    >>

    >I wouldn't want to kill them--they're keeping me employed. I'm sure the
    >majority of people here have at least once helped a desparate user who
    >couldn't log in because their caps lock was on. I can live with this sort of
    >minor irritation as long as I have a mortgage to pay.
    >
    >Steve

    I don't choose to stay employed holding users' hands. True, they
    provide the customer base for my profession, but if they refuse to
    learn and allow me and the other IT staff members the time to work on
    more loftier things like improving and securing the network, then we
    are doomed to chasing phantom problems like the Caps Lock key,
    forgetting user names and answering questions that are easily
    researched with the F1 key.

    ....butch(rant mode on)
    fygar, Jul 13, 2004
  18. fygar

    Neil Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in

    > You can bruise them a little, though.

    as in "whip them beat them make them write bad checks"? and you know this
    how?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 13, 2004
  19. fygar

    JaR Guest

    Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool (Was: Freaking l'users)

    JaR wrote:

    http://tinyurl.com/6n9j7

    Self explanatory.

    JaR
    Pyrotechnic Thug
    JaR, Jul 13, 2004
  20. fygar

    Neil Guest

    fygar <> wrote in

    > but if they refuse to
    > learn and allow me and the other IT staff members the time to work on
    > more loftier things like improving and securing the network, then we
    > are doomed to chasing phantom problems like the Caps Lock key,

    what are you new? this isn't rocket science. end lusers have been a
    throne since day one and no they will never learn. and god bless 'em
    becuase I don't have to think to look like a friggin genius becuase of
    that. Now if you will excuse me I have to inform a user how to print
    now...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 13, 2004