    occur.

    http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/08/fraudsters-stealing-personal-details_16.html
    , Aug 18, 2006

  2. Ernie Werbel Guest

    wrote in message
    <>...
    >There are several reports about personal details being harvested from
    >discarded computers, or from hard drives that aren't properly disposed
    >of by the repair facility.
    >
    >The problem is caused because most people only delete their files
    >before getting rid of a system. If the wrong person gets their hands on
    >the hardware - the files are easily extracted and identity theft can
    >occur.
    >
    >http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/08/fraudsters-stealing-personal-details_1

    6.html

    That is true, in fact you can reformat a hard disk many times and the data
    could still be recoverable by advanced techniques. The only sure way to
    erase a hard disk is to throw it into an incinerator and burn it, and even
    then I would have my worries.
    Ernie Werbel, Aug 19, 2006

  3. Travis Guest

    I wouldn't throw a computer away, I would put it in a recycle plant, Dell
    has a recycle plant and there are others.

    Travis, Aug 21, 2006