    resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
    Thanks for your help !
    JS

    Joao Saraiva, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Joao Saraiva wrote:
    > Hi all
    > I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to my
    > friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris geographic
    > number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
    > resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
    > Thanks for your help !
    > JS

    Use a French proxy and a fake address?

    There are lots of public proxys you can use (just search for free web
    proxies in google).

    Do you know a reliable french provider that will give you a geographic
    number?

    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Joao Saraiva

    paul123 Guest

    Joao Saraiva wrote:
    > Hi all
    > I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy tomy
    > friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris geographic
    > number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
    > resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
    > Thanks for your help !
    > JS

    If you register for an account with voipstunt.com, internetcalls.com or
    voipdiscount.com with your user details with a Paris address, you'll
    PROBABLY get allocated a Paris number. Almost certainly not allowed in
    their TOS but worth a try?

    You will also have to pay in €10 credit.

    paul123, Mar 22, 2006
  4. paul123 wrote:
    > Joao Saraiva wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >> I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to my
    >> friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris geographic
    >> number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
    >> resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this ?
    >> Thanks for your help !
    >> JS

    > If you register for an account with voipstunt.com, internetcalls.com or
    > voipdiscount.com with your user details with a Paris address, you'll
    > PROBABLY get allocated a Paris number. Almost certainly not allowed in
    > their TOS but worth a try?
    >
    > You will also have to pay in €10 credit.

    Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?

    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Joao Saraiva

    paul123 Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    > Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?

    I thought you lose your voip-in number if it gets to the magic 120 days
    when you lose your credit too (if you don't top up).

    paul123, Mar 22, 2006
  6. paul123 wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?

    > I thought you lose your voip-in number if it gets to the magic 120 days
    > when you lose your credit too (if you don't top up).

    That was it, but I thought it was less than that.

    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 22, 2006
  7. Joao Saraiva

    paul123 Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > paul123 wrote:
    > > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > >
    > >> Don't they disconnect the number if you don't use the service?

    > > I thought you lose your voip-in number if it gets to the magic 120 days
    > > when you lose your credit too (if you don't top up).
    > >

    > That was it, but I thought it was less than that.

    They do change their rates and ToS regularly, so, it'll probably be
    down to 90 days next month. :(

    paul123, Mar 22, 2006
  8. "Joao Saraiva" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I was resident in Paris for some time and now in order to make it easy to

    my
    > friends there to contact me I would like to have a France / Paris

    geographic
    > number. It seems that in France this is not possible unless you are
    > resident (unlike the UK or the US). Does anyone know how to sort out this

    ?

    www.netappel.fr, sipdiscount.com, voipstunt, etc .. (any of the Finarea
    group)
    just complete in the details that your country is France, give them 10.00
    EUR and apply for a Voip-in number
    The Paris numbers alloacted are in the range +33 1 7090 xxxx
    works fine
    Note
    You cannot change the country afterwards for existing accounts
    e.g. if you need a german number, you need to register your country at
    sign-on ...

    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Mar 23, 2006
  9. Joao Saraiva

    vrmlstudio

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers

    much better to get a geographic number for free at Sipbroker I think:
    you can use their local gateways from about any city in the world for free (since I use use sipbroker I don't need any more to waste my money with SkypeIn or others)....

    http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers

    vrmlstudio, Mar 15, 2007