[France] Local landline number to receive calls over VoIP?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Vincent Delporte, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. Hello

    I haven't found any active VoIP-related forums in France, so I
    figured I should ask in a more general forum.

    We currently have a single office in Paris that we'd like to close,
    and have people work from home and other locations, so we'd like to
    close down our current POTS line, and take a subscription with a VoIP
    company that provides a regulat POTS number in France so that people
    can still call us with their regular phone, and have those calls ring
    different phones on our end, both regular POTS phones, cellphones, and
    IP phones through the Net.

    That way, customers only have to remember a single number, and it
    doesn't matter where we are located. We could even answer while baking
    in the sun with a laptop and a wifi phone ;-)

    We would also need a way to receive faxes. Ideally, the VoIP provider
    handles faxes also, either by directing the calls to a fax machine on
    our end, or by digitizing faxes and putting them up on a web site or
    sending them via e-mail.

    => Do you know of a good VoIP provider that offers landline numbers in
    France that would let it ring multiple phones (landline, cellphones,
    and IP)?

    Thank you!
    Vincent Delporte, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Vincent Delporte wrote:
    > => Do you know of a good VoIP provider that offers landline numbers in
    > France that would let it ring multiple phones (landline, cellphones,
    > and IP)?
    >
    > Thank you!

    Probably not what you want but since no one else has chimed in all day..
    Voxbone.com DID + a PBX would do this.
    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 10, 2007

  3. On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:58:03 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
    <> wrote:
    >Probably not what you want but since no one else has chimed in all day..
    > Voxbone.com DID + a PBX would do this.

    Actually, setting up my own PBX won't do, as I'd have to get a GSM
    gateway in addition to a PSTN gateway, and using a GSM gateway means
    that the CID will be the PBX's, not the real caller.

    Doesn't look like any VoIP provider though of that service, although
    they have the equipment :-/

    Thanks.
    Vincent Delporte, Jan 11, 2007