France Challenges Microsoft?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by FYI, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. FYI

    FYI Guest

    The world over is buying into the fact that they are now able to rely on a
    well designed operating system. However, reliability and security are not
    the only things PC users can count on... it seems that they can make
    significant economical gains:

    France Challenges Microsoft in Software Re-Fit
    By Emmanuel Jarry and Jean-Baptiste Vey

    PARIS (Reuters) - France's cash-strapped government is giving alternative
    software firms the chance to win state business from Microsoft in a
    pioneering drive to challenge the U.S. software giant in the public sector.

    Civil service minister Renaud Dutreil told Reuters France wanted to use
    "open-source" software providers to resupply part of the almost one million
    state computers under a government cost-cutting drive designed to trim a
    bulging public deficit.

    "We are not starting a war against Microsoft, or against American companies
    in the software sector," Dutreil said in an interview. But he added that
    Microsoft "must return to being one supplier to the state among others."

    "The competition is open," he said. "My estimate is that we can cut the
    state software bill at least in half.

    --
    Speed:Reliability:Security

    FYI, Jun 18, 2004

  2. FYI

    Duane Arnold Guest

    FYI <> wrote in news:40d36eda_5@127.0.0.1:

    > The world over is buying into the fact that they are now able to rely
    > on a well designed operating system. However, reliability and security
    > are not the only things PC users can count on... it seems that they
    > can make significant economical gains:

    > France Challenges Microsoft in Software Re-Fit
    > By Emmanuel Jarry and Jean-Baptiste Vey
    >
    > PARIS (Reuters) - France's cash-strapped government is giving
    > alternative software firms the chance to win state business from
    > Microsoft in a pioneering drive to challenge the U.S. software giant
    > in the public sector.
    >
    > Civil service minister Renaud Dutreil told Reuters France wanted to
    > use "open-source" software providers to resupply part of the almost
    > one million state computers under a government cost-cutting drive
    > designed to trim a bulging public deficit.
    >
    > "We are not starting a war against Microsoft, or against American
    > companies in the software sector," Dutreil said in an interview. But
    > he added that Microsoft "must return to being one supplier to the
    > state among others."
    >
    > "The competition is open," he said. "My estimate is that we can cut
    > the state software bill at least in half.

    You're being challenged to stop posting like the psycho-path *clown* that
    you are - you are a psycho-path! :)

    I have suspicions that you're somehow closely related to that nut
    Tracker.

    Soon, you'll be posting your Linux Ten Commandments and saying *Tell ol'
    BG Let my people GO*! I need to lead the people to the Linux Promise Land
    -- FREEDOM! <g>

    Can we expect a Linux Security Book from you soon? I think the book will
    be filled with other's work -- nothing of your own, just like Tracker. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2004

  3. FYI

    FYI Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:

    > You're being challenged to stop posting like the psycho-path *clown* that
    > you are - you are a psycho-path! :)

    I have to question your perception of my posting method. I'm pretty sure I
    had a steady hand and a clear mind when I clicked on the send button.

    > I have suspicions that you're somehow closely related to that nut
    > Tracker.

    I have no idea of who Tracker is. I am yet to read any of his posts and get
    an idea of what is it that offends you so much.

    > Soon, you'll be posting your Linux Ten Commandments and saying *Tell ol'
    > BG Let my people GO*! I need to lead the people to the Linux Promise Land
    > -- FREEDOM! <g>

    Not a bad idea. However I have no time to post any of the sort.

    > Can we expect a Linux Security Book from you soon? I think the book will
    > be filled with other's work -- nothing of your own, just like Tracker. :)

    If you think about it, most books are really re-worded compilations of
    other books, with the authors perspective; in the back there usually is an
    appendix with citations and sources.

    There you go again with this Tracker dude! I believe your obsession may be
    attributed to a subcounsious homosexual attraction. If you are openly gay,
    stop denying that you have Tracker continously in your mind.

    > Duane :)

    I challenge you to simply ignore, or killfile, any posts that are too
    extreme for your delicate sensibilities. What kind of idiot finds himself
    strangely allured to posts that he knows will irritate him, and yet feels
    that he has no choice but to go in?

    --
    Speed:Reliability:Security

    FYI, Jun 19, 2004
  4. FYI

    Duane Arnold Guest

    FYI <> wrote in news:40d37f6d_5@127.0.0.1:

    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >

    >> You're being challenged to stop posting like the psycho-path *clown*
    >> that you are - you are a psycho-path! :)
    >>

    > I have to question your perception of my posting method. I'm pretty
    > sure I had a steady hand and a clear mind when I clicked on the send
    > button.
    >
    >> I have suspicions that you're somehow closely related to that nut
    >> Tracker.
    >>

    > I have no idea of who Tracker is. I am yet to read any of his posts
    > and get an idea of what is it that offends you so much.
    >
    >> Soon, you'll be posting your Linux Ten Commandments and saying *Tell
    >> ol' BG Let my people GO*! I need to lead the people to the Linux
    >> Promise Land -- FREEDOM! <g>
    >>

    > Not a bad idea. However I have no time to post any of the sort.
    >
    >> Can we expect a Linux Security Book from you soon? I think the book
    >> will be filled with other's work -- nothing of your own, just like
    >> Tracker. :)
    >>

    > If you think about it, most books are really re-worded compilations of
    > other books, with the authors perspective; in the back there usually
    > is an appendix with citations and sources.
    >
    > There you go again with this Tracker dude! I believe your obsession
    > may be attributed to a subcounsious homosexual attraction. If you are
    > openly gay, stop denying that you have Tracker continously in your
    > mind.
    >
    >> Duane :)

    > I challenge you to simply ignore, or killfile, any posts that are too
    > extreme for your delicate sensibilities. What kind of idiot finds
    > himself strangely allured to posts that he knows will irritate him,
    > and yet feels that he has no choice but to go in?

    Debbie - aka Tracker is a woman most likely your mother. She's much like
    you -- you psychotic *clown*. She is a troll that runs around the
    Internet trying to post her take on things trying to save the world,
    trying to give her *psychotic* spin on security and ram it down
    everyone's throat. Does it sound familiar??? <g>

    I am not irritated. I am having a little fun ragging Postie - Postie the
    the FYI Psychotic *clown*.

    Yes, and I do think you're on the psychotic - path to the book. You'll
    be posting pages to your upcoming *Linux* Security *Tool Tips* book soon.
    <g>

    You should seek Tracker out and have a family reunion - have a Prozac or
    two. <g>

    I'll give Tracker one thing. She most likely knows more than you on MS
    and Linux as demented as she is. <g>

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2004
  5. Duane Arnold wrote:
    > FYI <> wrote in news:40d36eda_5@127.0.0.1:

    >> The world over is buying into the fact that they are now able to rely
    >> on a well designed operating system. However, reliability and security
    >> are not the only things PC users can count on... it seems that they
    >> can make significant economical gains:

    >> France Challenges Microsoft in Software Re-Fit
    >> By Emmanuel Jarry and Jean-Baptiste Vey

    >> PARIS (Reuters) - France's cash-strapped government is giving
    >> alternative software firms the chance to win state business from
    >> Microsoft in a pioneering drive to challenge the U.S. software giant
    >> in the public sector.

    >> Civil service minister Renaud Dutreil told Reuters France wanted to
    >> use "open-source" software providers to resupply part of the almost
    >> one million state computers under a government cost-cutting drive
    >> designed to trim a bulging public deficit.

    >> "We are not starting a war against Microsoft, or against American
    >> companies in the software sector," Dutreil said in an interview. But
    >> he added that Microsoft "must return to being one supplier to the
    >> state among others."

    >> "The competition is open," he said. "My estimate is that we can cut
    >> the state software bill at least in half.

    > You're being challenged to stop posting like the psycho-path *clown* that
    > you are - you are a psycho-path! :)

    > I have suspicions that you're somehow closely related to that nut
    > Tracker.

    Isn't this (not tracker) just a technews morphing to avoid killfiles?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 19, 2004
  6. FYI

    joevan Guest

    On 19 Jun 2004 02:58:27 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >sn't this (not tracker) just a technews morphing to avoid killfiles?
    >
    >--
    >Blinky

    I think so. I believe yew got taht raht.
    joevan

    joevan, Jun 19, 2004
  7. FYI

    Emma Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > FYI <> wrote in news:40d36eda_5@127.0.0.1:
    >
    >> The world over is buying into the fact that they are now able to rely
    >> on a well designed operating system. However, reliability and
    >> security are not the only things PC users can count on... it seems
    >> that they can make significant economical gains:

    >> France Challenges Microsoft in Software Re-Fit
    >> By Emmanuel Jarry and Jean-Baptiste Vey
    >>
    >> PARIS (Reuters) - France's cash-strapped government is giving
    >> alternative software firms the chance to win state business from
    >> Microsoft in a pioneering drive to challenge the U.S. software giant
    >> in the public sector.
    >>
    >> Civil service minister Renaud Dutreil told Reuters France wanted to
    >> use "open-source" software providers to resupply part of the almost
    >> one million state computers under a government cost-cutting drive
    >> designed to trim a bulging public deficit.
    >>
    >> "We are not starting a war against Microsoft, or against American
    >> companies in the software sector," Dutreil said in an interview. But
    >> he added that Microsoft "must return to being one supplier to the
    >> state among others."
    >>
    >> "The competition is open," he said. "My estimate is that we can cut
    >> the state software bill at least in half.
    >>

    > You're being challenged to stop posting like the psycho-path *clown*
    > that you are - you are a psycho-path! :)
    >
    > I have suspicions that you're somehow closely related to that nut
    > Tracker.
    >
    > Soon, you'll be posting your Linux Ten Commandments and saying *Tell
    > ol' BG Let my people GO*! I need to lead the people to the Linux
    > Promise Land -- FREEDOM! <g>
    >
    > Can we expect a Linux Security Book from you soon? I think the book
    > will be filled with other's work -- nothing of your own, just like
    > Tracker. :)
    >
    > Duane :)

    What was wrong with his post? I read it with interest, ok so it was maybe
    in the wrong ng but it wasn't offensive or anything.
    Maybe you people have been posting long enough to recognise certain names
    etc but I couldn't see much wrong with it myself.
    Tell me I am wrong somebody and I will hold my hand up
    Emma

    Emma, Jun 19, 2004
  8. Duane Arnold spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <Xns950CBC051B692notmenotmecoml@216.148.227.77>

    > You're being challenged to stop posting like the psycho-path *clown* that
    > you are - you are a psycho-path! :)
    >
    > I have suspicions that you're somehow closely related to that nut
    > Tracker.

    <snip>

    Tracker uses win95U, not linux like the original poster. :)

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Jun 19, 2004
  9. Blinky the Shark spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <>
    > Isn't this (not tracker) just a technews morphing to avoid killfiles?

    IMO, your theory is the most likely one. :)

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Jun 19, 2004
  10. Duane Arnold spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <Xns950CD107C4B0Enotmenotmecoml@216.148.227.77>

    > Debbie - aka Tracker is a woman most likely your mother. She's much like
    > you -- you psychotic *clown*. She is a troll that runs around the
    > Internet trying to post her take on things trying to save the world,
    > trying to give her *psychotic* spin on security and ram it down
    > everyone's throat. Does it sound familiar??? <g>

    <snip>

    To add a little to the explanation, Deb/Tracker "wrote" a book to "expose
    the ferret newsgroup hackers." It includes a list of how to "tell if your
    computer is hacked/owned" and includes in that long list this: "Your
    daylight savings time is disabled. You have a VPN connection in network
    neighborhood."

    Cap's site goes into better detail. :)

    http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    HTH

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Jun 19, 2004
  11. FYI

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Emma <> wrote in news:Xns950D7B547F954troili@195.8.68.217:

    > Duane Arnold <> wrote in
    >
    >> FYI <> wrote in news:40d36eda_5@127.0.0.1:
    >>
    >>> The world over is buying into the fact that they are now able to
    >>> rely on a well designed operating system. However, reliability and
    >>> security are not the only things PC users can count on... it seems
    >>> that they can make significant economical gains:

    >>> France Challenges Microsoft in Software Re-Fit
    >>> By Emmanuel Jarry and Jean-Baptiste Vey
    >>>
    >>> PARIS (Reuters) - France's cash-strapped government is giving
    >>> alternative software firms the chance to win state business from
    >>> Microsoft in a pioneering drive to challenge the U.S. software giant
    >>> in the public sector.
    >>>
    >>> Civil service minister Renaud Dutreil told Reuters France wanted to
    >>> use "open-source" software providers to resupply part of the almost
    >>> one million state computers under a government cost-cutting drive
    >>> designed to trim a bulging public deficit.
    >>>
    >>> "We are not starting a war against Microsoft, or against American
    >>> companies in the software sector," Dutreil said in an interview. But
    >>> he added that Microsoft "must return to being one supplier to the
    >>> state among others."
    >>>
    >>> "The competition is open," he said. "My estimate is that we can cut
    >>> the state software bill at least in half.
    >>>

    >> You're being challenged to stop posting like the psycho-path *clown*
    >> that you are - you are a psycho-path! :)
    >>
    >> I have suspicions that you're somehow closely related to that nut
    >> Tracker.
    >>
    >> Soon, you'll be posting your Linux Ten Commandments and saying *Tell
    >> ol' BG Let my people GO*! I need to lead the people to the Linux
    >> Promise Land -- FREEDOM! <g>
    >>
    >> Can we expect a Linux Security Book from you soon? I think the book
    >> will be filled with other's work -- nothing of your own, just like
    >> Tracker. :)
    >>
    >> Duane :)
    >>

    > What was wrong with his post? I read it with interest, ok so it was
    > maybe in the wrong ng but it wasn't offensive or anything.
    > Maybe you people have been posting long enough to recognise certain
    > names etc but I couldn't see much wrong with it myself.
    > Tell me I am wrong somebody and I will hold my hand up
    > Emma

    There is nothing wrong other than the OP has beaten his/her little theme
    into the ground. It's to the point that it's obnoxious. It's one thing to
    make a post or two about one's view point on something and be done with
    it. It's a whole different situation to go off the deep end as the poster
    seems to have done.

    The person, IMHO, has some serious mental issues and needs to be locked
    up. In the meantime, I'll rag the OP a little bit just on GP, because
    he/she is lit well on the *clown* radar screen. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 19, 2004
  12. FYI

    FYI Guest

    ^
    |_______ One angry regresed homosexual clown in love with Tracker.

    --
    Speed:Reliability:Security

    FYI, Jun 21, 2004
  13. FYI

    Duane Arnold Guest

    FYI <> wrote in news:40d6f6e5_5@127.0.0.1:

    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >

    >> Duane :)
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > ^
    > |_______ One angry regresed homosexual clown in love with Tracker.

    It's not going to work. You're flat-out a *clown* and everyone knows it.
    <g>

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 21, 2004