Frame Relay

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Digital Doug, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. Digital Doug

    Digital Doug Guest

    Does anyone know if SBC uses becn or foresight on their frame network?
    I am putting three Cisco routers in tomorrow and I'm not sure what Bell
    provides----nor are they from the answers I get....
    Most of the installs I have reviewed never seem to worry about any traffic
    shaping.
    Nonetheless, I am going to rate limit outbound traffic to downstream spoke
    routers running at 384Kbps. The hub router is running 1.5Mbps-CIR the same.

    I was wandering about the providers pitching frame-relay as allowing bursts
    above the CIR.
    All I have seen lately is a CIR at 384Kbps and a physical line speed of
    384Kbps, or a CIR of 1.544Mbps and a physical line speed of 1.5Mbps.
    Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that bursting would be
    impossible and the providers are ???????.

    TIA

    Digital Doug
    Systems Analyst
    Digital Machines Corp.