    sub-interfaces, for there to be strict 2 Mbps ingress and 64 Kbps egress
    limits applied?

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jun 27, 2006

  2. On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:48:07 +0000, BernieM wrote:

    > Is it default behaviour for a simple "frame-relay traffic-shaping" command
    > on a main interface (HSSI), with no other shaping or class-map commands on
    > sub-interfaces, for there to be strict 2 Mbps ingress and 64 Kbps egress
    > limits applied?

    Yes, though when I was doing it the default was 56k egress. FRTS doesn't
    have any direct effect on ingress. A trap for young players who would
    decide to shape just one sub-interface and then wonder why all the others
    went belly up more or less.

    --
    Rgds,
    Martin

    Martin Gallagher, Jun 28, 2006

  3. BernieM

    BernieM Guest

    "Martin Gallagher" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:48:07 +0000, BernieM wrote:
    >
    >> Is it default behaviour for a simple "frame-relay traffic-shaping"
    >> command
    >> on a main interface (HSSI), with no other shaping or class-map commands
    >> on
    >> sub-interfaces, for there to be strict 2 Mbps ingress and 64 Kbps egress
    >> limits applied?

    > Yes, though when I was doing it the default was 56k egress. FRTS doesn't
    > have any direct effect on ingress. A trap for young players who would
    > decide to shape just one sub-interface and then wonder why all the others
    > went belly up more or less.
    >
    > --
    > Rgds,
    > Martin

    Thanks for the reply Martin.. Yes, a trap for young players ... or older
    ones like me ;-) I've been supporting Frame for five years but had never
    come across this situation before.

    We'd just commissioned a 4Mb BDSL tail and discovered the limits during
    end-to-end load testing prior to having it go into production. The Telco
    couldn't see find a problem and had passed the job up to level-3 support
    before we realised our mistake.

    Rgds,

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jun 28, 2006