frame-relay multilink

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mark.arneson@gmail.com, Mar 19, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have a hub & spoke setup and just got an additional T1 installed at
    the central office (3620)

    I can bring up both interfaces and mfr0 but I can't pass IP traffic to
    any remote locations.

    Do I have to have mfr running on the remote office routers (1600)?
    , Mar 19, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Diasonics Guest

    On Mar 18, 11:51 pm, wrote:
    > I have a hub & spoke setup and just got an additional T1 installed at
    > the central office (3620)
    >
    > I can bring up both interfaces and mfr0 but I can't pass IP traffic to
    > any remote locations.
    >
    > Do I have to have mfr running on the remote office routers (1600)?



    Never mind...I see that mfr is not supported on the 1600.

    I can't ping the ip address of the mfr pvc. 192.168.122.1. There must
    be something wrong with my config.



    !
    version 12.3
    service timestamps debug uptime
    service timestamps log uptime
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname Al
    !
    boot-start-marker
    boot-end-marker
    !
    !
    clock timezone EST -5
    clock summer-time EDT recurring
    no aaa new-model
    ip subnet-zero
    !
    !
    no ip domain lookup
    !
    frame-relay switching
    !
    !
    no voice hpi capture buffer
    no voice hpi capture destination
    !
    !
    !
    interface MFR0
    no ip address
    ip route-cache flow
    frame-relay lmi-type cisco
    !
    interface MFR0.122 point-to-point
    description Wood
    ip address 192.168.122.1 255.255.255.252
    frame-relay interface-dlci 122
    !
    interface Ethernet0/0
    description connected to EthernetLAN
    ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    half-duplex
    !
    interface Serial0/0
    no ip address
    encapsulation frame-relay MFR0
    ip route-cache flow
    no arp frame-relay
    !
    interface Serial0/1
    no ip address
    encapsulation frame-relay MFR0
    ip route-cache flow
    no arp frame-relay
    !
    ip http server
    ip classless
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.5
    ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.5
    ip route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.103.1
    ip route 192.168.40.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.15.2
    ip route 192.169.15.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.5
    !
    !
    !
    end
    Diasonics, Mar 19, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Diasonics Guest

    On Mar 19, 10:08 am, "Diasonics" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 18, 11:51 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > I have a hub & spoke setup and just got an additional T1 installed at
    > > the central office (3620)

    >
    > > I can bring up both interfaces and mfr0 but I can't pass IP traffic to
    > > any remote locations.

    >
    > > Do I have to have mfr running on the remote office routers (1600)?

    >
    > Never mind...I see that mfr is not supported on the 1600.
    >
    > I can't ping the ip address of the mfr pvc. 192.168.122.1. There must
    > be something wrong with my config.
    >
    > !
    > version 12.3
    > service timestamps debug uptime
    > service timestamps log uptime
    > service password-encryption
    > !
    > hostname Al
    > !
    > boot-start-marker
    > boot-end-marker
    > !
    > !
    > clock timezone EST -5
    > clock summer-time EDT recurring
    > no aaa new-model
    > ip subnet-zero
    > !
    > !
    > no ip domain lookup
    > !
    > frame-relay switching
    > !
    > !
    > no voice hpi capture buffer
    > no voice hpi capture destination
    > !
    > !
    > !
    > interface MFR0
    > no ip address
    > ip route-cache flow
    > frame-relay lmi-type cisco
    > !
    > interface MFR0.122 point-to-point
    > description Wood
    > ip address 192.168.122.1 255.255.255.252
    > frame-relay interface-dlci 122
    > !
    > interface Ethernet0/0
    > description connected to EthernetLAN
    > ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    > half-duplex
    > !
    > interface Serial0/0
    > no ip address
    > encapsulation frame-relay MFR0
    > ip route-cache flow
    > no arp frame-relay
    > !
    > interface Serial0/1
    > no ip address
    > encapsulation frame-relay MFR0
    > ip route-cache flow
    > no arp frame-relay
    > !
    > ip http server
    > ip classless
    > ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.5
    > ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.5
    > ip route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.103.1
    > ip route 192.168.40.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.15.2
    > ip route 192.169.15.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.5
    > !
    > !
    > !
    > end




    Turns out it was the DLCI on the other end. As soon as it got
    changed, I could ping the first hop (192.168.122.1) along with
    everything else.
    Diasonics, Mar 26, 2007
    #3
  4. MC Guest

    Diasonics wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 10:08 am, "Diasonics" <> wrote:
    >> On Mar 18, 11:51 pm, wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a hub & spoke setup and just got an additional T1
    >>> installed at the central office (3620) I can bring up both
    >>> interfaces and mfr0 but I can't pass IP traffic to any remote
    >>> locations. Do I have to have mfr running on the remote office
    >>> routers (1600)?

    >> Never mind...I see that mfr is not supported on the 1600.
    >>
    >> I can't ping the ip address of the mfr pvc. 192.168.122.1. There
    >> must be something wrong with my config.
    >>
    >> ! version 12.3 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps
    >> log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname Al !
    >> boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! ! clock timezone EST -5 clock
    >> summer-time EDT recurring no aaa new-model ip subnet-zero ! ! no ip
    >> domain lookup ! frame-relay switching ! ! no voice hpi capture
    >> buffer no voice hpi capture destination ! ! ! interface MFR0 no ip
    >> address ip route-cache flow frame-relay lmi-type cisco ! interface
    >> MFR0.122 point-to-point description Wood ip address 192.168.122.1
    >> 255.255.255.252 frame-relay interface-dlci 122 ! interface
    >> Ethernet0/0 description connected to EthernetLAN ip address
    >> 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 half-duplex ! interface Serial0/0 no ip
    >> address encapsulation frame-relay MFR0 ip route-cache flow no arp
    >> frame-relay ! interface Serial0/1 no ip address encapsulation
    >> frame-relay MFR0 ip route-cache flow no arp frame-relay ! ip http
    >> server ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.5 ip route
    >> 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.5 ip route 192.168.4.0
    >> 255.255.255.0 192.168.103.1 ip route 192.168.40.0 255.255.255.0
    >> 192.168.15.2 ip route 192.169.15.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.5 ! ! !
    >> end

    >
    >
    >
    > Turns out it was the DLCI on the other end. As soon as it got
    > changed, I could ping the first hop (192.168.122.1) along with
    > everything else.
    >
    >



    This is the router config I use to bond serveral frame rrealy circuits,
    MLPPPoFR
    This bonds at the PVC level. Just make sure all Access and PVC CIR is
    same bandwidth for all members.
    DLCIs 505 and 515 are the two access at the remote location.

    !
    interface Serial0/0
    no ip address
    encapsulation frame-relay
    no ip mroute-cache
    !
    interface Serial0/0.505 point-to-point
    frame-relay interface-dlci 505 ppp Virtual-Template1
    !
    interface Serial0/1
    no ip address
    encapsulation frame-relay
    no ip mroute-cache
    !
    interface Serial0/1.515 point-to-point
    frame-relay interface-dlci 515 ppp Virtual-Template1
    !
    interface Virtual-Template1
    ip address 10.70.50.118 255.255.255.252
    decnet cost 2
    ppp multilink
    !


    MC
    MC, Mar 26, 2007
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. MC
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    394
  2. MC

    Multilink Frame Relay

    MC, Mar 7, 2004, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    464
  3. MC
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,609
  4. Edward Salonia

    Multilink Frame-Relay

    Edward Salonia, Sep 18, 2006, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    4,253
    Edward Salonia
    Sep 21, 2006
  5. Steven Proulx
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    875
    Doug McIntyre
    Feb 27, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page