Frame-Relay interface-dlci command with 'protocol ip'

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by danny@weights.demon.co.uk, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    According to CCO, there is an optional bit to the 'frame-relay
    interface-dlci <dlci>' command which goes:

    protocol ip ip-address
    (Optional) Indicates the IP address of the main interface of a new
    router or access server onto which a router configuration file is to be
    automatically installed over a Frame Relay network. Use this option
    only when this device will act as the BOOTP server for automatic
    installation over Frame Relay.

    Anyone know how you use this? It's not obvious how to make the server
    more a bootp server than it is by default as 'ip bootp-server' is a
    default command - it looks as though I need to switch this on somehow
    as the 'protocol ip' isn't an option under my frame relay default as I
    have it currently.

    I'd very much appreciate the help on this!

    cheers
    Danny

    , Nov 16, 2005