Frame Relay Help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kevin Goad, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. Kevin Goad

    Kevin Goad Guest

    I got a Cisco Lab for Christmas, and ive been practicing a lot of lab
    setups. Ive been trying to do a lab, multipoint subinterfaces across
    frame-relay. Here is my physical setup right now:

    http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/frame.jpg
    (BTW, the .0.4 and .0..1 stuff you see is the last 16 bits of the
    interfaces IP address, I always use 192.168.x.x/24)

    The numbers inside the Frame Cloud are the DLCI's for each interface.

    I can ping from R0 to the Serial0.1 interface on R2 fine, but i cant get
    it to ping anything else. Here are the configs for each:

    http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R0.txt
    http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R1.txt
    http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R2.txt
    http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R3.txt

    Im pretty sure it has something to do with the subinterfaces on R2, or
    the DLCI configuration on R1.

    Any idea where i am going wrong?

    Thanks
    Kevin Goad, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Kevin Goad

    Kevin Goad Guest

    Kevin Goad wrote:
    > I got a Cisco Lab for Christmas, and ive been practicing a lot of lab
    > setups. Ive been trying to do a lab, multipoint subinterfaces across
    > frame-relay. Here is my physical setup right now:
    >
    > http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/frame.jpg
    > (BTW, the .0.4 and .0..1 stuff you see is the last 16 bits of the
    > interfaces IP address, I always use 192.168.x.x/24)
    >
    > The numbers inside the Frame Cloud are the DLCI's for each interface.
    >
    > I can ping from R0 to the Serial0.1 interface on R2 fine, but i cant get
    > it to ping anything else. Here are the configs for each:
    >
    > http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R0.txt
    > http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R1.txt
    > http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R2.txt
    > http://www14.brinkster.com/kgoad/R3.txt
    >
    > Im pretty sure it has something to do with the subinterfaces on R2, or
    > the DLCI configuration on R1.
    >

    > Any idea where i am going wrong?
    >
    > Thanks

    Nevermind, I got it. It was here:
    frame-relay route 102 interface Serial0 103

    serial0 does not equal serial2 :)

    And I had my Multipoint Inerface on R2 all wrong, im an idiot.
    Kevin Goad, Dec 27, 2003