    comunication.

    Thank you very much for your help.

    Eric.

    Eric Gamess, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Eric Gamess

    Guest Guest

    you cannot capture the the packets of a wan interface unless you have a kind
    of wan analyzer. What you can do is debug the interface and then view the
    packets you are receiving via the debug process, try debug frame-relay
    packets you will get all of them. Hope this helps

    --
    2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.

    ///////////////////
    --Anthrax--
    //////////////////

    Guest, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Eric Gamess

    Eric Gamess Guest

    Hello,

    Yes, I know that I need a WAN analyzer.
    Since I do not have one, I am looking for someone to send
    me some captured files. I will only look at then with Ethereal
    or another sniffer.

    Eric.

    Eric Gamess, Aug 5, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    Eric Gamess <> wrote:
    :Yes, I know that I need a WAN analyzer.
    :Since I do not have one, I am looking for someone to send
    :me some captured files. I will only look at then with Ethereal
    :eek:r another sniffer.

    Ethereal is for analyzing Ethernet packets -- I don't believe it is
    suitable for analyzing Frame Relay. FR operates over multiple
    physical layers such as RS232 and T1, and the frame format is not
    consistant with 802.2 or 802.3 ethernet frames.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/frame.htm
    --
    "Who Leads?" / "The men who must... driven men, compelled men."
    "Freak men."

    Walter Roberson, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Eric Gamess

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:05:50 +0000 (UTC),
    -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Eric Gamess <> wrote:
    >:Yes, I know that I need a WAN analyzer.
    >:Since I do not have one, I am looking for someone to send
    >:me some captured files. I will only look at then with Ethereal
    >:eek:r another sniffer.
    >
    >Ethereal is for analyzing Ethernet packets -- I don't believe it is
    >suitable for analyzing Frame Relay.

    Never used it for FR but Frame Relay is listed as supported.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, Aug 6, 2005
  6. Eric Gamess

    Guest Guest

    yes it does, although personally i never used it for that purpose before i
    knew it was possible with some wan analyzers that support the capture in
    ..cap file format.

    see here...

    http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200401/msg00025.html

    unfortunatelly i cannot provide you with a sample file.

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005
  7. Eric Gamess

    Guest

    Anthrax wrote:
    > yes it does, although personally i never used it for that purpose before i
    > knew it was possible with some wan analyzers that support the capture in
    > .cap file format.
    >
    > see here...
    >

    > http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200401/msg00025.html
    >
    > unfortunatelly i cannot provide you with a sample file.
    >
    > --
    > 2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.
    >
    > ///////////////////
    > --Anthrax--
    > //////////////////
    > "Gerard Bok" <> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:05:50 +0000 (UTC),
    > > -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    > >
    > >>In article <>,
    > >>Eric Gamess <> wrote:
    > >>:Yes, I know that I need a WAN analyzer.
    > >>:Since I do not have one, I am looking for someone to send
    > >>:me some captured files. I will only look at then with Ethereal
    > >>:eek:r another sniffer.
    > >>
    > >>Ethereal is for analyzing Ethernet packets -- I don't believe it is
    > >>suitable for analyzing Frame Relay.

    > > Never used it for FR but Frame Relay is listed as supported.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Kind regards,
    > > Gerard Bok

    Ethereal should be fine. We have an old Network General ( from before
    it went to Network Assiciates, and MacAfee, anc back to Network
    General) sniffer with RS-232 serial cables which sniffs Frame Relay.
    If the old DOS sniffer decoded frame, a new Ethereal should be able to.

    , Aug 8, 2005
  8. Eric Gamess

    Brad Guest

    Live capture support under Ethereal depends on many things including
    the particular hardware you're using, your operating system, the
    version of libpcap/WinPcap that you have installed, and the drivers
    you're using. You can use Ethereal to sniff Frame Relay frames using
    Linux but it requires the current CVS version of libpcap. According to
    the Ethereal website these are the protocols that are supported based
    on what OS you're using.

    802.11 ATM Ethernet FDDI FrameRelay Loopback Serial TokenRing
    AIX ? ? Yes ? ? ? ? Yes
    FreeBSD Yes ? Yes ? ? Yes ? Yes
    HP-UX ? ? Yes ? No No ? ?
    Irix ? ? Yes ? No ? ? No
    Linux Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Mac OSX Yes No Yes No No Yes Yes No
    NetBSD Yes ? Yes ? ? Yes ? Yes
    OpenBSD Yes ? Yes ? ? Yes ? Yes
    Solaris ? Yes Yes Yes No No No Yes
    Tru64 ? ? Yes ? No Yes ? ?
    Windows Yes ? Yes ? No N/A Yes Yes

    Brad, Aug 9, 2005
  9. Eric Gamess

    John Agosta Guest

    Email me. I have quite a few captures, mostly raw hex.

    John Agosta, Aug 30, 2005