    What hardware do IO need for a 3640 to be able to do a PTP link over FRame?

    WHat are the issues if any ?

    Gary

    Gary, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Gary

    Solomon Guest

    Solomon, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3129/products_tech_note09186a00800b0859.shtml

    news:<UgkMc.1696$zA4.754@lakeread04>...
    > > What hardware do IO need for a 3640 to be able to do a PTP link over

    FRame?

    > > WHat are the issues if any ?
    > >
    > > Gary

    I know WIC-1T will be be fine for X21 type P2P but is it the same for Frame
    links - i.e WIC-1T is also OK for frame links - I guess I just tell the
    Telco to present our end with X21 interfaces for a WIVC-1T - ???

    Is that right ?

    Gary

    Gary, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Gary

    PES Guest

    WIC-1T also works for HDLC, Frame Relay, and PPP. Now the physical layer of
    frame relay will likely either be a 56k circuit or a T1/FT1. Either of
    which will require an external dsu when used in conjuction with a wic-1t.
    You will also want to make sure you have a wic slot to insert a wic-1t. If
    you do, and you don't have an external dsu already, you could get a
    WIC-1DSU-T1 for a T1/FT1 or a WIC-1DSU-56K4 for terminating a 56k circuit.

    PES, Jul 25, 2004