    eg 113/147 or I might even want to use letters.

    Thanks very much for any help

    John

    John, Apr 29, 2004

  2. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm and
    http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)
    Words into Type
    Fairhope, Alabama USA
    all may benefit.

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Apr 29, 2004

  3. John

    Jezebel Guest

    The 'built-in' fractions are a dependent on the font -- some fonts have 1/2,
    1/4 etc as actual characters. Any other fraction has to be constructed. You
    can use the equation editor, or a miniature table (one column, two rows), or
    two tiny text boxes and a line. Amongst other methods.

    Jezebel, Apr 29, 2004
  4. John

    Greg Maxey Guest

    John,

    A friend just posted a new web-page article on this topic. See:

    http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm

    I have been monkeying around with his code and offer the following as an
    alternative for inserting fractions:

    Sub InsertFraction()
    Dim DenMsgBox As VbMsgBoxResult
    Dim Expr As String
    Dim Numerator As String, Denominator As String
    Dim NewSlashChar As String
    Dim SlashPos As Integer
    NewSlashChar = ChrW(&H2044)
    Retry:
    Expr = InputBox("Enter the fraction as numerator/denominator (e.g., 3/4,
    a/b, etc.):", "Enter Fraction")
    If Expr = "" Then GoTo Cancel
    SlashPos = InStr(Expr, "/")
    If SlashPos = 0 Or SlashPos = 1 Then
    MsgBox "Format must be numerator/denominator (e.g., 3/4, a/b, etc.). Please
    try again.", , "Format Error"
    GoTo Retry
    Else
    Numerator = Left(Expr, SlashPos - 1)
    Denominator = Right(Expr, Len(Expr) - SlashPos)
    If Denominator = "0" Then
    DenMsgBox = MsgBox("The denominator is a null value. Do you want to
    override?", vbYesNo, "Illogical Expression")
    Else: GoTo Convert
    End If
    If DenMsgBox = vbNo Then
    GoTo Retry