    assume that my carrier supports FR congestion notification messages...

    B.R.
    Igor
    Igor Mamuzic, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Igor Mamuzic

    Omadon Guest

    On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:13:22 +0100, Igor Mamuzic <> wrote:
    > If I don't have FRTS implemented on my FR config, should I anyway see any
    > BECN/FECN packets (if congestion occurs) received from my FR carrier? Let's
    > assume that my carrier supports FR congestion notification messages...

    Yes and it works with T-COM...

    --
    Dee Dee: You need a character too.
    Dexter: I want to be Gygex, the 27th level warrior mage with

    Omadon, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Omadon <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:13:22 +0100, Igor Mamuzic <> wrote:
    >> If I don't have FRTS implemented on my FR config, should I anyway see any
    >> BECN/FECN packets (if congestion occurs) received from my FR carrier? Let's
    >> assume that my carrier supports FR congestion notification messages...

    >Yes and it works with T-COM...

    You can see if you have received any FECNs or BECNs by using the
    "show frame-relay pvc" command. Just remember that without FRTS,
    while the FECNs and BECNs will have no impact on what you send,
    they are still a warning that the service provider has the right
    to discard any frames sent in excess of your service agreement.

    Good luck and have fun!
    http://www.networkingunlimited.com
    Vincent C Jones, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Igor Mamuzic

    Igor Mamuzic Guest

    Thanks for answers.... I thought so, I asked because I saw that my router
    receives FECN packets, but not BECN's and despite of that I'm pretty sure
    that I sometimes generate congestive outbound traffic. If this is so, and
    congestion somewhere in the FR cloud occurred then this means that the other
    end (SP router) of my PVC isn't configured for FR traffic shaping....True?

    B.R.
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, Nov 8, 2005