    'bad' copy of Win Xp Pro, when I try to print out a web page,, up pops a
    save dialog instead... Time to buy a better copy on E-Bay than the one I got
    from buying this used Dell.

    Muse De Groops, Feb 3, 2007

  2. Muse De Groops

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Muse De Groops wrote:
    > Yea! Thankfully, foxit will print out my .pdf files, unfortunately
    > with this 'bad' copy of Win Xp Pro, when I try to print out a web
    > page,, up pops a save dialog instead... Time to buy a better copy on
    > E-Bay than the one I got from buying this used Dell.

    Huh? Your kidding, right? A copy of XP is essentially the same regardless of
    the source. Dell's install CD for XP is going to put the exact same XP on
    your system as an OEM or retail install CD. If you have a problem with your
    PC, don't blame it on the CD your system was installed from.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 3, 2007

  3. Muse De Groops

    Guest

    On Feb 3, 12:37 pm, "WhzzKdd" <> wrote:
    > Muse De Groops wrote:
    > > Yea! Thankfully,foxitwill print out my .pdf files, unfortunately
    > > with this 'bad' copy of Win Xp Pro, when I try to print out a web
    > > page,, up pops a save dialog instead... Time to buy a better copy on
    > > E-Bay than the one I got from buying this used Dell.

    > Huh? Your kidding, right? A copy of XP is essentially the same regardless of
    > the source. Dell's install CD for XP is going to put the exact same XP on
    > your system as an OEM or retail install CD. If you have a problem with your
    > PC, don't blame it on the CD your system was installed from.

    If printing PDFs from Foxit is really slow, its because Foxit has
    issues with Postscript print drivers. Try changing your print driver
    from PS to PCL to avoid Foxit crawling while printing PDFs.

    Revi

    , Mar 6, 2007