Four GMAIL invites available

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mauricio Freitas, Jan 30, 2005.

  1. Mauricio Freitas, Jan 30, 2005

  2. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:52:49 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
    <> wrote:

    >Folks, please reply to this post if you want one. Only four available, so
    >first in first served.

    Tell me please what is this *Invite* thingie and why would I want to
    ask for one ?

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Mauricio Freitas

    Axel Guest

    Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:52:49 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Folks, please reply to this post if you want one. Only four available, so
    >>first in first served.

    > Tell me please what is this *Invite* thingie and why would I want to
    > ask for one ?
    >

    > Patrick

    A 1GB mailbox hosted free by Google.
    You would ask if you wanted one.

    Axel, Jan 30, 2005
  4. "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:52:49 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Folks, please reply to this post if you want one. Only four available, so
    >>first in first served.

    > Tell me please what is this *Invite* thingie and why would I want to
    > ask for one ?

    It's a web mail account with 1GB storage, hosted by Google. These are only
    available by invitation only. But if you don't know about them then you
    don't need 'em...

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    MS MVP Mobile Devices

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Jan 30, 2005
  5. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:45:45 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    > These are only available by invitation only.

    Surely you mean that they are only available if you ask for an
    invitation from someone who is hawking the invites around.

    Different from being invited !

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Jan 30, 2005
  6. Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
    >> These are only available by invitation only.

    > Surely you mean that they are only available if you ask for an
    > invitation from someone who is hawking the invites around.
    > Different from being invited !

    well some of us have more invites than friends... and so we offer them
    to people like you who we would otherwise not bother communicating with :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 30, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> These are only available by invitation only.

    >> Surely you mean that they are only available if you ask for an
    >> invitation from someone who is hawking the invites around.
    >> Different from being invited !

    > well some of us have more invites than friends... and so we offer them
    > to people like you who we would otherwise not bother communicating with :)

    By more invites than friends, I mean that I don't usually make more than
    4 friends per week, and I have already given all of my friends(that were
    interested) invites, and so have a few spare now(invites, not friends).

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 30, 2005
  8. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>> Surely you mean that they are only available if you ask for an
    >>> invitation from someone who is hawking the invites around.
    >>> Different from being invited !

    >> well some of us have more invites than friends... and so we offer them to
    >> people like you who we would otherwise not bother communicating with :)

    > By more invites than friends, I mean that I don't usually make more than 4
    > friends per week, and I have already given all of my friends(that were
    > interested) invites, and so have a few spare now(invites, not friends).

    Same here. I had four last week, four this week - at this rate everyone I
    know have accounts now, so why not giveaway on Geekzone and here?

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    http://www.geekmac.com

    Mauricio Freitas, Jan 30, 2005
  9. Mauricio Freitas

    Axel Guest

    Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:45:45 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> These are only available by invitation only.

    > Surely you mean that they are only available if you ask for an
    > invitation from someone who is hawking the invites around.
    >
    > Different from being invited !
    >

    > Patrick

    Its an invitation to be invited.
    RSVP

    Axel, Jan 31, 2005
  10. Mauricio Freitas

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:52:49 +1300, Mauricio Freitas wrote:

    > Folks, please reply to this post if you want one. Only four available, so
    > first in first served.

    I think I have 3 or 4 as well if anyone is interested in them. Same deal.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "We owe most of what we know to about one hundred men. We owe most of what we have suffered to another hundred or so." -- R. W. Dickson

    Note: All my comments are copyright 31/01/2005 1:32:09 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Jan 31, 2005
  11. Mauricio Freitas

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>>well some of us have more invites than friends... and so we offer them to
    >>>people like you who we would otherwise not bother communicating with :)

    >>By more invites than friends, I mean that I don't usually make more than 4
    >>friends per week, and I have already given all of my friends(that were
    >>interested) invites, and so have a few spare now(invites, not friends).

    > Same here. I had four last week, four this week - at this rate everyone I
    > know have accounts now, so why not giveaway on Geekzone and here?

    Dave suggested www.isnoop.net - I got rid of 10 in a few minutes that way.

    ON an unrelated mater, I never did get that MS BT dongle to provide an
    internet connection between the win98 SE desktop running the DSE S/W and
    the winXP Dell with built in BT. BUT, having just installed Xandros 3.0
    on the desktop PC I found I could transfer files with out any
    configuration, haven't tried establishing an internet connection between
    the two yet.

    Chris Mayhew, Jan 31, 2005
  12. Mauricio Freitas

    Leon Noel Guest

    On , , Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:57:10 +1300, Re: Four GMAIL invites
    available, "Mauricio Freitas" <>
    wrote:

    >Same here. I had four last week, four this week - at this rate everyone I
    >know have accounts now, so why not giveaway on Geekzone and here?

    Where do you get the invites from to give away?

    Leon Noel, Jan 31, 2005
  13. Mauricio Freitas

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:01:35 +1300, Leon Noel <> wrote:

    >On , , Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:57:10 +1300, Re: Four GMAIL invites
    >available, "Mauricio Freitas" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Same here. I had four last week, four this week - at this rate everyone I
    >>know have accounts now, so why not giveaway on Geekzone and here?

    >Where do you get the invites from to give away?

    A link in your gmail account shows up after a week or so "invite x friends to
    gmail".

    Invisible, Jan 31, 2005
  14. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:23:59 +1300, Invisible <>
    wrote:

    >A link in your gmail account shows up after a week or so "invite x friends to
    >gmail".

    What is the penalty if you do not suceed in disposing of these so
    called invites ?

    What is the reward if you do hawk them off?

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Jan 31, 2005
  15. Mauricio Freitas

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
    >
    >>> These are only available by invitation only.

    >> Surely you mean that they are only available if you ask for an
    >> invitation from someone who is hawking the invites around.
    >> Different from being invited !

    > well some of us have more invites than friends... and so we offer them
    > to people like you who we would otherwise not bother communicating with :)

    Most Of my famly and frends are Idiots they change there hotmail address
    for fun the best was 3 times in one week. I dont think they need gmail
    at all.

    While we are on the subject I have some gmail invites.

    Robert Cooze, Jan 31, 2005
  16. Mauricio Freitas

    Axle Guest

    Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:23:59 +1300, Invisible <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>A link in your gmail account shows up after a week or so "invite x friends to
    >>gmail".
    >>

    > What is the penalty if you do not suceed in disposing of these so
    > called invites ?

    none

    > What is the reward if you do hawk them off?

    Warm fuzzies

    Axle, Jan 31, 2005
  17. "Patrick FitzGerald" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:23:59 +1300, Invisible <>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>A link in your gmail account shows up after a week or so "invite x friends
    >>gmail".
    >>

    > What is the penalty if you do not suceed in disposing of these so
    > called invites ?
    >
    > What is the reward if you do hawk them off?

    Some people want 1GB storage - for free, anything is good. Hawk them? People
    have to PAY hotmail to have more storage. Free is always good, and this is
    part of their viral marketing strategy. Works well, like a brand.

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    http://www.geekmac.com

    Mauricio Freitas, Jan 31, 2005
  18. Leon Noel wrote:
    >>Same here. I had four last week, four this week - at this rate everyone I
    >>know have accounts now, so why not giveaway on Geekzone and here?

    > Where do you get the invites from to give away?

    From Gmail.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 31, 2005
  19. Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
    >>A link in your gmail account shows up after a week or so "invite x friends to
    >>gmail".

    > What is the penalty if you do not suceed in disposing of these so
    > called invites ?

    > What is the reward if you do hawk them off?

    none and none.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 31, 2005
  20. OK

    If anyone wants to send me an invite I will give some thought as to
    whether I really want one.

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Jan 31, 2005