Found this program to present my photos...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by R C & M S, Jul 31, 2006.

  1. R C & M S

    R C & M S Guest

    R C & M S, Jul 31, 2006

  2. R C & M S

    Digidork Guest

    This is why I love newsgroups. I'm currently at the level of digidork
    when it comes to digital photography. Came here for help and one of my
    first reads was your post...I just downloaded Photoshow last night.
    Have yet to do anything with it.

    You have some very nice photos in your show. Did photoshow supply the
    music and graphics and whatnot or did you pull it in from somewhere
    else?

    With regard to your subjects, the cruise shots just made me feel one of
    the seven deadly sins-envy. I love taking a date to Edgewater Inn in
    Seattle and watching all the Alaskan Cruise ships head out to
    sea...Someday.

    Your "First 30 Years" show was very fun to watch. The photos were
    really great to see and it looks like you had a great first 30! And it
    looks like your 2nd 30 are not going to bad either, judging by the
    cruise line shows!

    Digidork out.

    Digidork, Jul 31, 2006

  3. R C & M S

    Digidork, Jul 31, 2006
  4. R C & M S

    R C & M S Guest

    thank you for kind words....yes music comes with program 125+songs to choose
    from plus you can choose frames and transitions...it is easy to use....yeah
    go cruising=its like dreaming except you are awake!!!

    R C & M S, Jul 31, 2006
  5. R C & M S

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Digidork wrote:
    > This is why I love newsgroups. I'm currently at the level of digidork
    > when it comes to digital photography. Came here for help and one of my
    > first reads was your post...I just downloaded Photoshow last night.
    > Have yet to do anything with it.
    >
    > You have some very nice photos in your show. Did photoshow supply the
    > music and graphics and whatnot or did you pull it in from somewhere
    > else?
    >
    > With regard to your subjects, the cruise shots just made me feel one of
    > the seven deadly sins-envy. I love taking a date to Edgewater Inn in
    > Seattle and watching all the Alaskan Cruise ships head out to
    > sea...Someday.
    >
    > Your "First 30 Years" show was very fun to watch. The photos were
    > really great to see and it looks like you had a great first 30! And it
    > looks like your 2nd 30 are not going to bad either, judging by the
    > cruise line shows!
    >
    > Digidork out.
    >

    > R C & M S wrote:
    >> Photoshow of Mercury Cruise Ship
    >>
    >> http://www.photoshow.net/watch/yP8Cx2Kq
    >>

    >> Photoshow of Princess Cruise Ship
    >>
    >> http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA8yJ2dZ
    >>

    >> Photoshow of Ralph's First 30 days
    >>

    >> http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA5YB4km

    I was unable to view the pictures in either Firefox or IE. Any
    presentation that uses Flash is likely to cause me problems since I
    consider it one of the deadly sins of the web.

    As for that Alaskan Cruise, GO. I went and loved it! It ranks among
    the top five vacations of my 63 years of life. Pictures at webshots,
    search for ID rphunter42. There are 450 shots!
    Ron Hunter, Jul 31, 2006
  6. R C & M S

    Celcius Guest

    R C & M S wrote:
    > Photoshow of Mercury Cruise Ship
    >
    > http://www.photoshow.net/watch/yP8Cx2Kq
    >

    > Photoshow of Princess Cruise Ship
    >
    > http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA8yJ2dZ
    >

    > Photoshow of Ralph's First 30 days
    >

    > http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA5YB4km

    At first the first link didn't work. The second did as well, and the
    third. Then, I tried the first again and it worked.

    You had 3 great presentations. I loved "the first 30 years"
    particularly. Music was also well chosen. Perhaps, the presentations
    should be a tad slower, itherwise, they're first class.

    I discovered Photostory 3 for Windows. It does essentially the same
    thing in the form of a movie. However, I have to put it up on my web
    page and people without fast access cannot view it (typically 25 megs).
    This seems to do the same without the hassle.

    Thanks,

    Marcel
    Celcius, Jul 31, 2006
  7. On 7/30/06 6:41 PM, R C & M S wrote:
    > Photoshow of Mercury Cruise Ship
    >
    > http://www.photoshow.net/watch/yP8Cx2Kq
    >

    > Photoshow of Princess Cruise Ship
    >
    > http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA8yJ2dZ
    >

    > Photoshow of Ralph's First 30 days
    >
    > http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA5YB4km

    Wow; nicely done, but he sure made 30 days seem like 30 years.... And
    what's W. 15th St. neighborhood called? I used to live within a mile of
    there.

    As to the first two shows, very professionally shot, for the most part.
    Are these part of a promotion for the lines?

    As you've seen, some have aversion to flash, and simply won't or can't
    watch them. Flash has been over used, over worked and poorly thought out
    in many instances. Your pro quality slide shows are an exception.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jul 31, 2006
  8. R C & M S

    R C & M S Guest

    west 15 street is the chelsea area of manhattan....i was born at st vincents
    hospital where 9-11 victims were taken....sad sad sad but it was better back
    in my day..thanks for kind words on pics....

    R C & M S, Jul 31, 2006
  9. On 7/31/06 7:28 AM, R C & M S wrote:
    > west 15 street is the chelsea area of manhattan....i was born at st vincents
    > hospital where 9-11 victims were taken....sad sad sad but it was better back
    > in my day..thanks for kind words on pics....

    Ah, yes, Chelsea. Thanks. Pls. see below.

    >>> http://www.photoshow.net/watch/yP8Cx2Kq
    >>>
    >>> Photoshow of Princess Cruise Ship
    >>>
    >>> http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA8yJ2dZ
    >>>
    >>> Photoshow of Ralph's First 30 days
    >>>
    >>> http://www.photoshow.net/watch/iA5YB4km
    >>>

    >> Wow; nicely done, but he sure made 30 days seem like 30 years.... And
    >> what's W. 15th St. neighborhood called? I used to live within a mile of
    >> there.
    >>
    >> As to the first two shows, very professionally shot, for the most part.
    >> Are these part of a promotion for the lines?

    And, who did the pix of you and S.O.? Was this, is this, being used
    promotionally for the cruise outfits?

    And, if you don't mind, please put your reply following this.....

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jul 31, 2006
  10. R C & M S

    R C & M S Guest

    NO! THIS NOT PROMO FOR LINES... we are retired and just like to travel on
    those cruise lines....

    R C & M S, Jul 31, 2006
  11. On 7/31/06 9:11 AM, R C & M S wrote:
    > NO! THIS NOT << Snipped bits out >>

    > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    >> On 7/31/06 7:28 AM, R C & M S wrote:
    >>> west 15 street is the chelsea area of manhattan....i was born at st
    >>> vincents
    >>> hospital where 9-11 victims were taken....sad sad sad but it was better
    >>> back
    >>> in my day..thanks for kind words on pics....

    >> Ah, yes, Chelsea. Thanks. Pls. see below.

    >> And, who did the pix of you and S.O.? Was this, is this, being used
    >> promotionally for the cruise outfits?
    >>
    >> And, if you don't mind, please put your reply following this.....

    > NO! THIS NOT PROMO FOR LINES... we are retired and just like to travel
    > on those cruise lines....

    Who took the pix?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Jul 31, 2006
  12. R C & M S

    R C & M S Guest

    we took pics or crew on ships did

    R C & M S, Jul 31, 2006
  13. R C & M S

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Its great if you like being dependent on some companies server. There are
    better options that don't require sucking up to some company that could go
    belly up at any moment. Pretty nice photos however.

    Hebee Jeebes, Jul 31, 2006
  14. R C & M S

    George Kerby Guest

    <top posting to a top post>

    You think Road Runner and Time Warner are gonna fold soon? Are you shorting
    the stock? Inquiring minds want to know.

    George Kerby, Aug 1, 2006