    to the MCSE.
    Thanks
    Jay.

    =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=, Apr 20, 2007

  2. While the MCSE wil not expire itself it is true you will no longer be able
    to sertify on the MCE Platform, however by the years end (2007) you will see
    many new MCTS and MCITP certifications for the newer technlogies such as
    Longhorn.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Apr 20, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    kpg Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?= <> wrote in

    > am interested in going into IT by taking a course in MCSE and getting
    > certified but i found out MCSE will be faced out in 2008. can someone
    > please let me know what alternative certification is out there which
    > is equivalent to the MCSE.
    > Thanks
    > Jay.

    1) You do not "take a course" to become an MCSE. You work in the field
    in an appropriate environment for at least 2 years while studying, then
    you take the tests to demonstrate your knowledge.

    2) MCSE is not being faced out.

    3) Alternate certifications, as in what MS is offering to supercede the
    classic MCSE can be found on MS's website. Which brings up point 4.

    4) Research skills are a prerequisite to a career in IT.

    YMMV
    HTH,HAND
    0x22

    kpg, Apr 20, 2007
  4. I'm just curious as to what the hell your talking about FACED out. As opposed
    to faced in? Whats the MCSE looking at. I have not heard anything about the
    MCSE being phased out in 2008. And if it is I dont think it matters what
    direction it is looking. Maybe it will be facing you huddled down with fear
    in its eyes screaming NOOOO don't phase me out I have so much to live for. Or
    maybe not.

    --
    Matt
    A+, MCP, and MCDST

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Apr 20, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    Consultant Guest

    i am happy to announce that the mcngp will not be phased out, so don't worry

    Consultant, Apr 20, 2007
  6. Regarding the phasing out of MCSE:

    What has happened is that in a webcast exclusively for MCP's, Microsoft
    announced that it was phasing out some exams on March 30, 2008. These exams
    include all of the exams for the required portions of MCSA 2000 and MCSE 2000
    - not MCSE or MCSA 2003. I listed the exams in this newsgroup in a posting
    sometime late last month - generally all exams from 70-210 through 70-232 and
    a few others.

    The last day for the 292 and 296 exams [upgrading from 2000 to 2003] are
    also March 30, 2008. The 290, 291, 293, and 294 exams are NOT being
    discontinued at this time.

    However, that webcast was the only place that Microsoft announced their
    discontinuation.
    According to their own rules (which of course, they are allowed to change at
    a whim), there must be a year in advance announcement through their MSDN
    e-mails and on their web site.
    They have not put the discontinuation notices there yet, thus I don't think
    the exams will be discontinued on March 30, 2008 as announced in the webcast.
    [I do not work for Microsoft (yet), so I could be wrong.]

    Nevertheless, the 2003 exams are and will continue to be available way into
    2008 and possibly 2009 (and maybe 2010) as well.
    If you are just starting, and want the MCSE, I would start with the required
    exams first (70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, and one other from a specified
    list on the Microsoft website), since some of the two required elective exams
    will still be available even after the required exams are retired. Plus, even
    if they are all retired, you could still use some selected CompTIA exams as
    electives.

    The advantage of the MCSE over the newer MCTS and MCITP is that the MCSE is
    a lifetime certification, whereas the MCTS and MCITP only last for three
    years before expiring. There are certain MCTS exams that are also electives
    for the MCSE, so I would plan my electives around that. I would assume (and
    hope) that just because an MCTS certification expires, the fact that the exam
    was also used as an elective for MCSA or MCSE doesn't make the MCSA or MCSE
    expired.

    Will one of the Microsoft people who monitor this newsgroup let me know if
    what I said is correct or not?

    P.S. to Jay21: To answer your question, there is no one all-encompasing
    certification that replaces or is equivalent to the MCSE. Microsoft has
    created several MCTS certifications which take one or two exams. Thus, if you
    have seven MCTS's [out of the current 17], I suppose you could say you have
    the modern-day equivalent of the MCSE.

    I have only two MCTS's, and am working on my third.
    [currently looking for new employment]

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Apr 20, 2007
  7. "jay21" <> wrote in message

    > am interested in going into IT by taking a course in MCSE and getting
    > certified but i found out MCSE will be faced out in 2008. can someone please
    > let me know what alternative certification is out there which is equivalent
    > to the MCSE.
    > Thanks
    > Jay.

    It is called "Discontinuation of Microsoft Certification exams" and it
    has been happening since the conception of the certification program.
    This is not news. Although the exams will be discontinued, the
    certification will remain. It should be noted that the exams in question
    are for Windows 2000, not 2003.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 20, 2007
  8. "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in message

    > "jay21" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > am interested in going into IT by taking a course in MCSE and getting
    > > certified but i found out MCSE will be faced out in 2008. can someone please
    > > let me know what alternative certification is out there which is equivalent
    > > to the MCSE.
    > > Thanks
    > > Jay.

    Here is a link for you to review. http://tinyurl.com/2rtzma. It is a
    link to the Trika's blog describing the discontinuation of the Windows
    2000 exams.

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 21, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Apr 20, 7:08 pm, Matt <> wrote:
    > I'm just curious as to what the hell your talking about FACED out. As opposed
    > to faced in? Whats the MCSE looking at. I have not heard anything about the
    > MCSE being phased out in 2008. And if it is I dont think it matters what
    > direction it is looking. Maybe it will be facing you huddled down with fear
    > in its eyes screaming NOOOO don't phase me out I have so much to live for. Or
    > maybe not.
    >
    > --
    > Matt
    > A+, MCP, and MCDST

    ROFL, that's just hilarious, man ! PotD is exclusive to the MCNGP, or
    you might have been a good contender !

    Cerebrus, Apr 21, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 20, 7:08 pm, Matt <> wrote:
    >> I'm just curious as to what the hell your talking about FACED out. As
    >> opposed
    >> to faced in? Whats the MCSE looking at. I have not heard anything about
    >> the
    >> MCSE being phased out in 2008. And if it is I dont think it matters what
    >> direction it is looking. Maybe it will be facing you huddled down with
    >> fear
    >> in its eyes screaming NOOOO don't phase me out I have so much to live
    >> for. Or
    >> maybe not.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Matt
    >> A+, MCP, and MCDST

    > ROFL, that's just hilarious, man ! PotD is exclusive to the MCNGP, or
    > you might have been a good contender !

    While it would appear that it's exclusive to the MCNGP, that's only because
    most of the funny posts come from the MCNGP. There are, of course,
    exceptions. Unlce Vigo, for example, was before your time. Dang near every
    post from that guy was a PotD.

    Frisbee®, Apr 23, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    CBIC Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    > While it would appear that it's exclusive to the MCNGP, that's only
    > because most of the funny posts come from the MCNGP. There are, of
    > course, exceptions. Unlce Vigo, for example, was before your time. Dang
    > near every post from that guy was a PotD.

    How I miss hearing about the dot communists and Cheapistan. I wish he'd come
    back. He was (is) a funny b@stard.

    CBIC, Apr 23, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > How I miss hearing about the dot communists and Cheapistan. I wish
    > he'd come back. He was (is) a funny b@stard.

    tru dat. I had some of his more stellar posts archieved. Hope to find some
    time one day to re-read.

    --
    The InterNeil "V2.0 with Tabbed browsing and decreased verbosity" MCNGP
    Triple X

    - Mary had a little lamb. The doctor was quite surprised!

    Neil, Apr 23, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    CBIC Guest

    > did you hear "CBIC" <> say in
    >
    >> How I miss hearing about the dot communists and Cheapistan. I wish
    >> he'd come back. He was (is) a funny b@stard.

    > tru dat. I had some of his more stellar posts archieved. Hope to find some
    > time one day to re-read.

    Be a pal and post some at the clubhouse so we can all enjoy. It will give
    the newer members a chance to see what they missed.

    CBIC, Apr 23, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    JaR Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in

    > Be a pal and post some at the clubhouse so we can all enjoy. It will
    > give the newer members a chance to see what they missed.

    Seconded.

    --
    JaR
    Never a Dell moment

    JaR, Apr 23, 2007
  15. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Apr 23, 8:40 pm, JaR <> wrote:
    > "CBIC" <> wrote innews::
    >
    > > Be a pal and post some at the clubhouse so we can all enjoy. It will
    > > give the newer members a chance to see what they missed.

    > Seconded.
    >
    > --
    > JaR
    > Never a Dell moment
    > Remove hat to reply

    Threaded !

    Cerebrus, Apr 23, 2007
  16. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    JaR piffled away vaguely:

    > "CBIC" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Be a pal and post some at the clubhouse so we can all enjoy. It will
    >> give the newer members a chance to see what they missed.

    > Seconded.

    Why am I always third??
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Apr 23, 2007
  17. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Cerebrus piffled away vaguely:

    > On Apr 23, 8:40 pm, JaR <> wrote:
    >> "CBIC" <> wrote innews::
    >>
    >> > Be a pal and post some at the clubhouse so we can all enjoy. It will
    >> > give the newer members a chance to see what they missed.

    >> Seconded.
    >>
    >> --
    >> JaR
    >> Never a Dell moment
    >> Remove hat to reply

    > Threaded !

    Never mind.

    catwalker63, Apr 23, 2007
  18. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Apr 23, 10:50 pm, catwalker63 <>
    wrote:

    > Never mind.

    ;-) You're always first in my book !

    Cerebrus, Apr 24, 2007
  19. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Cerebrus <> say in

    > On Apr 23, 8:40 pm, JaR <> wrote:
    >> "CBIC" <> wrote
    >> innews::
    >>
    >> > Be a pal and post some at the clubhouse so we can all enjoy. It
    >> > will give the newer members a chance to see what they missed.

    >> Seconded.
    >>
    >> --
    >> JaR
    >> Never a Dell moment
    >> Remove hat to reply

    > Threaded !

    FINE! there are 4 on the stupers3krut site. under teh "Best of"

    --
    The InterNeil "V2.0 with Tabbed browsing and decreased verbosity" MCNGP
    Triple X

    - Never let a machine know you're in a hurry.

    Neil, Apr 24, 2007
  20. =?Utf-8?B?amF5MjE=?=

    You know d@mn right!! And thank you for noticing.

    catwalker63, Apr 24, 2007