    coming back. Any solution?

    Thank you.

    Bob Beyerlein
    =?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Go through with the Wizard, you should have the option to run detection this
    time only. If that does not work check your device manager Start > Run >
    devmgmt.msc and check if there is yes exclamation over any non-installed
    device.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 19, 2005

  3. I found no exclamation marks. What I still have is the "Found New Hardware
    Wizard" window and in the system tray an icon when clicked on says "Found New
    Hardware hp deskjet 6127 series. Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=, Nov 19, 2005
  4. Sorry, for barging in on your conversation, but do you have full
    functionallity from that HP? If you got the drivers for it from PlanetAMD64,
    you could easily have missed that the installation in that package is only
    half the installation! That could then answer your question.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 19, 2005
  5. Yes the device works fine.

    The Found new Hardware wizard has no options, only "Finish".
    When I click on that the window closes, but I have a "balloon"
    Above the system tray saing "Found New Hardware - hp deskjet 6127 series.
    Shortly thereafter the Found New Hardware Wizard window re-appears.
    In it is the text saying Can not install this hardware.
    An error occurred during the installation of this device.
    Click finish to close the wizard.

    Then the same processes repeat over and over.

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=, Nov 19, 2005
  6. It would seem that something went wrong, although trivial- you might have to
    uninstall it and do it again to get rid of it. I'll recount the process that
    I had to go through and you can check if that rings a bell for you?

    1. Starting HP Install routine
    2. Halfway through, the Windows Install routine pops up.
    3. Go through the Windows Installation and finish it.
    4. Go through and finish the HP Installation.
    5. Re-Boot.

    If that fits the description you followed, you probably should contemplate
    to re-install. If it doesn't, then - definitely, re-install.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 19, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I think you may have misunderstood Andre. When the new hardware box
    appears, click thru it. Do not cancel. Use the defaults on each page. On
    the last page there will be a checkbox at the bottom with the option to not
    show for this device again. Make sure it is checked and Finish.

    John Barnes, Nov 19, 2005
  8. If none of the above suggestions work, I'd suggest uninstalling the driver.
    The next time you get the hardware installation wizard, select the options
    that allow you to manually pick the driver (not automatic searching etc.)
    yourself and install it. This tends to fix the constant driver installation
    annoyance, which is usually caused by a previous incomplete installation of
    the driver. Even with a failed installation, the device may appear in the
    device manager without a question mark and may, in fact work right, or at
    least appear to work properly.
    =?Utf-8?B?amFibG9vbWYxMjMw?=, Nov 20, 2005