    Can I run it and see what it thinks is new? Otherwise, how can I get rid of
    it?

    John
    John McCann, Oct 30, 2006

  2. John McCann

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:25:26 GMT, "John McCann"
    <> wrote:

    >I asked this Q a week ago and no one answered?
    >

    >Trying again - surely someone must have a suggestion?
    >

    >I am getting the "Found new hardware" wizard at boot-up. I have nothing new.
    >Can I run it and see what it thinks is new? Otherwise, how can I get rid of
    >it?

    What happens when you say Yes? It should say what it found.
    Evan Platt, Oct 30, 2006

  3. "John McCann" <> wrote in message
    >I asked this Q a week ago and no one answered?
    >

    > Trying again - surely someone must have a suggestion?
    >

    > I am getting the "Found new hardware" wizard at boot-up. I have nothing
    > new.
    > Can I run it and see what it thinks is new? Otherwise, how can I get rid
    > of
    > it?
    >
    > John

    Try this:
    Check the Device Manager (Control Panel- System- Hardware- Device Manager)
    and look for an exclamation mark in a yellow circle indicating a problem.
    Hit the plus sign for a drop-down list, right click on the offender and
    select uninstall. Reboot.
    Douglas C. Neidermeyer, Oct 30, 2006
  4. John McCann

    Mike Easter Guest

    John McCann wrote:
    > I asked this Q a week ago and no one answered?

    > I am getting the "Found new hardware" wizard at boot-up. I have
    > nothing new. Can I run it and see what it thinks is new? Otherwise,
    > how can I get rid of it?

    Sure, you can let the wizard run. You might get useful information or
    you might not if the wizard fails to make the correct determination.

    You can also look at your devices. Know what hardware you have
    connected, see what the BIOS sees during the POST, let the wizard do
    what it does, and look at [what in Win98 was] CP/ System/ Devices tab.
    I don't know how that works in XP.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 30, 2006