Found in a magazine...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    I'm laying in the bath (yeah I know you didn't want to know that) reading an
    old copy of Computeractive (very popular UK instructive bi-monthly - phew!)
    from February 2002, and come across an article I hadn't read entitled
    "Chattering Classes" and all about Usenet. So I read a bit, and yadda yadda
    yadda the section called "What's.in.a.name?" and I quote....

    "....rec. for recreation, biz. for business, soc. for social issues etc.
    Thus soc.genealogy.britain should be useful if you are researching your
    family tree, *trout* ticklers may prefer rec.outdoors.fishing and *somebody*
    *somewhere* *presumably* *has* a *use* *for*
    *alt.idiot.richard-the-stupid*...."

    Any suggestions ?

    PS I almost dropped my smoke in the bath when I read it ;-)
    --
    If you really want to spam me, I'm sure nobody would object to me inserting
    this <> to enable you to report yourself, and to save anyone else

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003

  2. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... slumpy said:

    > I'm laying in the bath (yeah I know you didn't want to know that) reading an
    > old copy of Computeractive (very popular UK instructive bi-monthly - phew!)
    > from February 2002, and come across an article I hadn't read entitled
    > "Chattering Classes" and all about Usenet. So I read a bit, and yadda yadda
    > yadda the section called "What's.in.a.name?" and I quote....
    >
    > "....rec. for recreation, biz. for business, soc. for social issues etc.
    > Thus soc.genealogy.britain should be useful if you are researching your
    > family tree, *trout* ticklers may prefer rec.outdoors.fishing and *somebody*
    > *somewhere* *presumably* *has* a *use* *for*
    > *alt.idiot.richard-the-stupid*...."
    >
    > Any suggestions ?
    >
    > PS I almost dropped my smoke in the bath when I read it ;-)

    LMAO

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 7, 2003

  3. slumpy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    slumpy deftly scribbled:

    > I'm laying in the bath

    Have you got the toaster going ?

    I know it can't have burnt the toast yet .. at least *not* if you'd followed
    my earlier instructions .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx

    Paul - xxx, Jul 7, 2003
  4. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paul - xxx continued:

    > slumpy deftly scribbled:
    >
    >> I'm laying in the bath

    > Have you got the toaster going ?
    >
    > I know it can't have burnt the toast yet .. at least *not* if you'd
    > followed my earlier instructions .. ;)

    ROFL !!!
    --
    slumpy -
    'N all of a sudden I thought the time had come for that old song

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  5. "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > "....rec. for recreation, biz. for business, soc. for social issues etc.
    > Thus soc.genealogy.britain should be useful if you are researching your
    > family tree, *trout* ticklers may prefer rec.outdoors.fishing and

    *somebody*
    > *somewhere* *presumably* *has* a *use* *for*
    > *alt.idiot.richard-the-stupid*...."

    ROTFL! Any chance of you scanning the page? I can offer web space if
    needed.
    Graham

    Experienced but Undocumented, Jul 7, 2003
  6. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Experienced but Undocumented
    continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> "....rec. for recreation, biz. for business, soc. for social issues
    >> etc. Thus soc.genealogy.britain should be useful if you are
    >> researching your family tree, *trout* ticklers may prefer
    >> rec.outdoors.fishing and *somebody*
    >> *somewhere* *presumably* *has* a *use* *for*
    >> *alt.idiot.richard-the-stupid*...."

    > ROTFL! Any chance of you scanning the page? I can offer web space if
    > needed.
    > Graham

    Give it ten minutes to upload on my soon-to-be-gone 56k modem - quality not
    what it could be, otherwise they were 8mb each :-(
    http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/rts1.tif
    http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/rts2.tif
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  7. slumpy rambled on about something in
    <bec3jq$3bqku$>:

    > I'm laying in the bath (yeah I know you didn't want to know that)
    > reading an old copy of Computeractive (very popular UK instructive
    > bi-monthly - phew!) from February 2002, and come across an article I
    > hadn't read entitled "Chattering Classes" and all about Usenet. So I
    > read a bit, and yadda yadda yadda the section called
    > "What's.in.a.name?" and I quote....
    >
    > "....rec. for recreation, biz. for business, soc. for social issues
    > etc. Thus soc.genealogy.britain should be useful if you are
    > researching your family tree, *trout* ticklers may prefer
    > rec.outdoors.fishing and *somebody* *somewhere* *presumably* *has* a
    > *use* *for* *alt.idiot.richard-the-stupid*...."
    >
    > Any suggestions ?
    >
    > PS I almost dropped my smoke in the bath when I read it ;-)

    Oh

    my

    gawd!

    LOLOL!!!!!

    I know RtS had been around for a while. Forgot it was longer than
    that...

    Time flies... <Shrug>

    NOI

    --

    There must be wonderful paintings on the walls of his ass, for his
    head to be stuck up there for so long...!

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 7, 2003