    I use it for scheduling football games on xbox live....it takes a LONG
    while to finish loading a page. IE blows RIGHT through it.

    Im going to try FB though.

    Axl, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Axl wrote:

    > www.xsnsports.com
    >
    > I use it for scheduling football games on xbox live....it takes a LONG
    > while to finish loading a page. IE blows RIGHT through it.
    >
    > Im going to try FB though.

    Moz/FB, loaded in about 4 seconds.

    Moz 1.6 nightly, about 3 seconds.

    Opera 7.2, 13 seconds.

    IE6 about five seconds.

    Opera hiccupped on the swf file, I think.

    I'm on a broadband connection, but aside from Op, I don't see a
    significant difference.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Axl

    Axl Guest

    Well I should mention that the start page isnt the issue...if you're
    registered on the site, once you're in, all the the tourneys you are
    part of are listed up top and that page section is a script I believe. I
    dont know if it's java or what...and it almost seems like thats what
    lags it up. Not like a java load where it displays the java icon...but
    just like its waiting forever to access whatever it needs to display in
    that particular area.

    I just downloaded FB...it's FLYING through it. So maybe my mozilla was
    crapped up somehow?

    Axl, Oct 5, 2003
  4. Axl wrote:

    > Well I should mention that the start page isnt the issue...if you're
    > registered on the site, once you're in, all the the tourneys you are
    > part of are listed up top and that page section is a script I believe. I
    > dont know if it's java or what...and it almost seems like thats what
    > lags it up. Not like a java load where it displays the java icon...but
    > just like its waiting forever to access whatever it needs to display in
    > that particular area.
    >
    > I just downloaded FB...it's FLYING through it. So maybe my mozilla was
    > crapped up somehow?
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Axl wrote:
    >>
    >>> www.xsnsports.com
    >>>
    >>> I use it for scheduling football games on xbox live....it takes a
    >>> LONG while to finish loading a page. IE blows RIGHT through it.
    >>>
    >>> Im going to try FB though.
    >>>

    >> Moz/FB, loaded in about 4 seconds.
    >>
    >> Moz 1.6 nightly, about 3 seconds.
    >>
    >> Opera 7.2, 13 seconds.
    >>
    >> IE6 about five seconds.
    >>
    >> Opera hiccupped on the swf file, I think.
    >>
    >> I'm on a broadband connection, but aside from Op, I don't see a
    >> significant difference.
    >>
    >> Lee

    Yeah, I didn't go beyond the main page of the site, but I'm glad to hear
    that FB is working better for you. It would appear to be the wave of
    the future.

    Out of curiosity, what Moz version are you running?

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones
    Mozilla Champion

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2003
  5. Axl

    Axl Guest

    1.4

    Axl, Oct 6, 2003
  6. Axl

    Victor Guest

    Right: both IE & FB loaded the page in 3sec.
    After one minute, Mozilla had not loaded anything. I quit the program.

    Victor, Oct 6, 2003