    What is this? Before I moved everything onto this new HD I had 4
    gigs of mp3s and now I have 4 gigs of found.000. Can anyone help?

    Josh

    nunya, Jul 9, 2003

  2. nunya

    nunya Guest

    windows2000 dell dimensions v350 160 ram

    nunya, Jul 9, 2003

  3. nunya

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 9, 2003
  4. nunya rambled on about something in
    <>:

    > windows2000 dell dimensions v350 160 ram
    >
    > On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:46:41 GMT, nunya <> wrote:
    >
    >>What is this? Before I moved everything onto this new HD I had 4
    >>gigs of mp3s and now I have 4 gigs of found.000. Can anyone help?
    >>

    >>Josh

    Nunya!

    How'd that go last night? I can't find any messages on it now...

    Anyway, Mike has the best advice on it.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 9, 2003
  5. nunya

    nunya Guest

    I finally got the repair to work with autochk.exe. After that it
    started right up. I am not sure mentioned doing that but I appriciate
    yours and everyones help.

    The problem now is the found.000

    nunya, Jul 10, 2003
  6. nunya

    nunya Guest

    did not work

    nunya, Jul 10, 2003
  7. nunya rambled on about something in
    <>:

    > I finally got the repair to work with autochk.exe. After that it
    > started right up. I am not sure mentioned doing that but I
    > appriciate yours and everyones help.
    >
    > The problem now is the found.000

    OK.

    When autochk or the base windows disk checker utility is run, it
    might find lost clusters/sectors. It saves those as either
    file000x.chk or found.00x.

    Basically, either something happened to the file system and some
    files were lost, or the harddrive has a problem. Are any new ones
    showing?

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 10, 2003
  8. nunya

    Buffalo Guest

    Do a test and just change one of the files to the mp3s' proper extension.
    Did you do this from CDs?
    If so, backups on CDs sometime change to Read Only in the Attributes.

    "nunya" <...

    Buffalo, Jul 10, 2003
  9. nunya

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Buffalo said:

    > Do a test and just change one of the files to the mp3s' proper extension.
    > Did you do this from CDs?
    > If so, backups on CDs sometime change to Read Only in the Attributes.

    No "sometimes" about it.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 10, 2003
  10. nunya

    nunya Guest

    I was a folder with many folders inside with mp3s. now there is one
    folder and 1 file inside.

    nunya, Jul 10, 2003
  11. nunya

    nunya Guest