fotokasten: very bad experience, thieves that don't respond

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Marc-Olivier BERNARD, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. I asked for pictures development at fotokasten.com by sending a CD to
    them.

    I paid with a Visa Card, and before sending the CD, I ask some
    questions:

    * the first email is invalid
    * the second doesn't respond
    * unable to call them from outside Germany
    * the money is taken from my account, even if their FAQ says:

    They said:

    * Money is taken from your account 3 days after the pictures are sent
    from out laboratory.

    It was not true in my case since they charged me before receiving my
    CD (and I never sent my CD because them didn't answer my emails).

    At the end, I had to get the transfer cancelled from my bank.

    ----
    From their Website (german):

    Wann muss ich bezahlen?

    Wenn Sie das Bankeinzugsverfahren wählen ziehen wir den
    Rechnungsbetrag 3 Tage nachdem wir Ihre Ware versendet haben von Ihrem
    Konto ein. Bei der Zahlung mit Kreditkarte reservieren wir den
    Rechnungsbetrag auf Ihrer Kreditkarte während der Bestellung und
    belasten Ihre Karte sobald wir die Ware an Sie versendet haben. Bei
    der Zahlung per Nachnahme kassiert wie üblich der Postbote die
    Rechnungssumme von Ihnen.

    source: http://www5.fotokasten.de/faq.php?cPath=25_49&fPath=39_42

    Marc-Olivier BERNARD, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Bad for you,
    I have good experiances by fotokasten.
    * I emailed and the mail is valid
    * asked (by e-mail) to change an order by a mistake by my actions
    * got a nice e-mail they can not change but they deleted the order
    (storno), wrote that I had to send the order again, what I did.
    Some days later I got my pictures as send the second time.

    Marc-Olivier BERNARD wrote:

    > I asked for pictures development at fotokasten.com by sending a CD to
    > them.
    >
    > I paid with a Visa Card, and before sending the CD, I ask some
    > questions:
    >
    > * the first email is invalid
    > * the second doesn't respond
    > * unable to call them from outside Germany
    > * the money is taken from my account, even if their FAQ says:
    >
    > They said:
    >
    > * Money is taken from your account 3 days after the pictures are sent
    > from out laboratory.
    >
    > It was not true in my case since they charged me before receiving my
    > CD (and I never sent my CD because them didn't answer my emails).

    Stupid to pay before any sending.

    > At the end, I had to get the transfer cancelled from my bank.

    So you got back your money, what is the case now?

    --
    Vr.groet - regards, Léon Obers

    Reacties per mail, vervang "invalid" door "cc" in het adres.
    Reactions by mail, exchange "invalid" by "cc" within address.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=E9on_Obers?=, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Marc-Olivier BERNARD

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Marc-
    Olivier BERNARD says...
    > I asked for pictures development at fotokasten.com by sending a CD to
    > them.
    >
    > I paid with a Visa Card, and before sending the CD, I ask some
    > questions:
    >
    > * the first email is invalid
    > * the second doesn't respond
    > * unable to call them from outside Germany
    > * the money is taken from my account, even if their FAQ says:
    >
    > They said:
    >
    > * Money is taken from your account 3 days after the pictures are sent
    > from out laboratory.
    >
    > It was not true in my case since they charged me before receiving my
    > CD (and I never sent my CD because them didn't answer my emails).
    >
    > At the end, I had to get the transfer cancelled from my bank.

    Sorry to hear that. They have been recommended to me by a professional
    photographer and I was thinking of doing business with them. They offer
    professional quality prints with colours lasting 70 years in a variety
    of sizes. So far they have responded to all my (enquiry) emails.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from China, Myanmar, Brunei,
    Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
    Prague, Budapest, Singapore and Portugal

    Alfred Molon, Feb 3, 2005