    original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
    replying to.

    , Aug 18, 2006

  2. wrote in message
    <>...

    > If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
    > the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
    > recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
    > original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
    > replying to.

    if you forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of the
    conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation recipient,
    all your forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the original
    recipient, or maybe just the sections of the conversation that you are
    replying to

    hope that helps

    Dirty Sanchez, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-18, <> wrote:
    > If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
    > the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
    > recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
    > original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
    > replying to.

    Depends.

    Perhaps if you were to express your question in a way that conveys details
    of exactly what you are doing, such as which software you are using and
    which commands or button-clicks you are using, someone might actually
    understand the question. (I've leaped to the assumption that computers
    are involved somewhere, although that isn't even implied by what you've
    written here).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Joe Guest

    I apologize if my question seemed confusing or incomplete to you. I've
    broken it down to terms that I cannot make any simpler. Read the
    question carefully. It makes total sense, it's just a little confusing
    at first. The button clicks in this case of gmail usage are, as stated
    in my original copy, forward, and reply. I forwarded a message with my
    own comments to one person, then replied to the original. Does what I
    forwarded to someone else get included in my reply to the original? If
    you still don't understand the question, thank you anyway for your
    suggestions and guidance. All the best.

    Joe, Aug 18, 2006
  5. Joe Guest

    Joe, Aug 18, 2006
  6. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-18, Joe <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2006-08-18, <> wrote:
    >> > If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
    >> > the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
    >> > recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
    >> > original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
    >> > replying to.

    >> Depends.
    >>
    >> Perhaps if you were to express your question in a way that conveys details
    >> of exactly what you are doing, such as which software you are using and
    >> which commands or button-clicks you are using, someone might actually
    >> understand the question. (I've leaped to the assumption that computers
    >> are involved somewhere, although that isn't even implied by what you've
    >> written here).

    > I apologize if my question seemed confusing or incomplete to you. I've
    > broken it down to terms that I cannot make any simpler.

    You have omitted anything that would indicate what you are talking about.

    > Read the
    > question carefully. It makes total sense, it's just a little confusing
    > at first.

    Apart from the lack of a question mark, it is 'grammatically correct',
    but it conveys insufficient information for any sense to be extracted from
    it - and uses words in what appears to be an eccentric manner.

    > The button clicks in this case of gmail usage

    AHA!! Substantive detail at last :)) You are talking about email
    correspondence using "Gmail" - although you have not yet said whether you
    are using the web interface (about which I know nothing, having never used
    Gmail nor having any intention of using it) or some sort of real email
    program. However, things are beginning to make sense. You are clicking
    on buttons (which you did not say previously) in some sort of computer
    interface (also new information).

    > are, as stated
    > in my original copy, forward, and reply. I forwarded a message with my
    > own comments to one person, then replied to the original. Does what I
    > forwarded to someone else get included in my reply to the original? If
    > you still don't understand the question, thank you anyway for your
    > suggestions and guidance. All the best.

    What is preventing you from reading the whole of what you send to each
    person?

    If the Gmail web interface doesn't have a 'preview' option before you
    'send' an email, then complain loudly to Google and in the meantime do not
    use it.

    If you need help to use a particular email program, then perhaps you could
    let slip the identity of that program on the off-chance that someone might
    know it - putting the name of the program in the 'Subject' line of your
    article would help catch the attention of people who are familiar with
    that program.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 19, 2006