Forwarding ports (ICS)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kenny, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. kenny

    kenny Guest

    Hello....

    I am running eMule on a computer that is a client in the windows ICS
    (internet connection sharring) and I am trying to make it connect normally
    so that the arrows on the emule connection globe are Green instead of Yellow
    (low priority).
    I have tried various configurations as well as

    experiments with PORTTUNNEL http://www.steelbytes.com

    and Portmapper http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmapper.htm

    But it seems I am not able to configure these correctly ...

    can anyone help me out?

    the first PC is connected directly to the internet (no hubs or routers) and
    has only the XPSP2 firewall on....

    THANKS

    kenny, Nov 24, 2005

  2. kenny

    Brian Guest

    "kenny" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello....
    > I am running eMule on a computer that is a client in the windows ICS
    > (internet connection sharring) and I am trying to make it connect
    > normally so that the arrows on the emule connection globe are Green
    > instead of Yellow (low priority).
    > I have tried various configurations as well as
    > experiments with PORTTUNNEL http://www.steelbytes.com
    > and Portmapper
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmapper.htm But it
    > seems I am not able to configure these correctly ... can anyone help me
    > out? the first PC is connected directly to the internet (no hubs or
    > routers) and has only the XPSP2 firewall on....
    > THANKS

    open firewall:
    (right click connection>properties>advanced tab>settings>advanced
    tab>settings>add)
    open ports 4661 and 4662(tcp) and ports 4465 and 4672(udp).

    call it what you like (emule1 emule2 etc)
    leave the ip empty if you require IP's via DHCP (will allow all clients on
    the network to use those ports). if you have a static IP assigned to the NIC
    in PC2 you may enter it (Only that PC on the network will will have the
    privelidge of using those ports)

    Brian, Nov 24, 2005

  3. kenny

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "kenny" <> wrote in news:-privat.org:

    > Hello....
    >
    > I am running eMule on a computer that is a client in the windows ICS
    > (internet connection sharring) and I am trying to make it connect
    > normally so that the arrows on the emule connection globe are Green
    > instead of Yellow (low priority).

    <snip>
    > the first PC is connected directly to the internet (no hubs or
    > routers) and has only the XPSP2 firewall on....

    Have you tried the [open ports in windows xp firewall] in emule's connection options?

    You can do it manually by following the manual set up instructions for the SP1 firewall here
    http://emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1&rm=show_topic&topic_id=124

    For the ICS PC use PC2's name in step 12.
    For the emule PC use 127.0.0.1 in step 12.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Nov 24, 2005