    Does such a service exist?

    Thanks,
    Stefan

    Stefan, May 9, 2005

  2. >I'm looking for a service which allows me to have a local London number
    >which is forwarded to my NYC mobile number.
    >
    >I looked at Lingo.com but that requires a PC.

    Not really. You can set up your Lingo account to forward to any
    number you want. You have to do the setting up from your web browser,
    but once it's set up, the forward happens at Lingo's switch, and the
    terminal adapter they provide doesn't need to be plugged in or turned
    on. (I just unplugged mine and called myself to check.)

    On the other hand, if you spend any amount of time at your office, and
    you have a broadband connection there, I would suggest connecting the
    Lingo adapter and plugging a phone into it, and setting it up so that
    the phone and your mobile ring simultaneously. That's what I do. so
    if I'm in the office I can answer the phone and not use up mobile
    minutes.

    If you want to call people in London back, Lingo considers that to be
    a free local call from your Lingo phone, while your mobile carrier
    will likely charge ripoff mobile international rates.

    R's,
    John

    John R. Levine, May 9, 2005

  3. Stefan

    B.M. Wright Guest

    Stefan <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a service which allows me to have a local London number
    > which is forwarded to my NYC mobile number.

    > I looked at Lingo.com but that requires a PC. I want people to be able
    > to call me even from their mobile phones in London, and it would just
    > be a local call for them.

    > Does such a service exist?

    Here are just a few suggestions, the voipuser.org one will give
    you flexibility of changing the routing, it's free, and actually helps
    the voipuser.org community. Out of the three you may want to try that
    first and if it works for you then I'd use that.

    http://www.voipuser.org (completely free 0844/0845/0870/0871/07031
    numbers and incoming call revenue goes to back to the voipuser.org
    commnunity in the form of free outgoing call minutes)

    http://www.uk2me.com (free, but static, 870 number)

    http://www.yac.com (pay for service, high call cost to callers)

    B.M. Wright, May 9, 2005
  4. Stefan

    Guest

    Yes the service exist.
    How many minutes/month you may terminate ?
    The rate depends up on the volume of minutes

    www.softswitches.net

    , May 9, 2005
  5. Stefan

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Stefan <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a service which allows me to have a local London number
    > which is forwarded to my NYC mobile number.
    >
    > I looked at Lingo.com but that requires a PC. I want people to be able
    > to call me even from their mobile phones in London, and it would just
    > be a local call for them.
    >
    > Does such a service exist?

    You can get the "Unlimited in-state" plan with a NY number from
    Broadvoice.com for $9.95/month and add on a UK incoming number for
    $1.95/month, and then just turn on call forwarding.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 9, 2005
  6. On 8 May 2005 20:23:26 -0700, "Stefan" <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a service which allows me to have a local London number
    >which is forwarded to my NYC mobile number.
    >
    >I looked at Lingo.com but that requires a PC. I want people to be able
    >to call me even from their mobile phones in London, and it would just
    >be a local call for them.
    >
    >Does such a service exist?

    Yep. www.gradwell.com/voip you can use our centrex service to do this.

    cheers