    keep those pesky little "carats" in front of each line of print from being
    there? I'd like it to be like the original email. TIA
    babs

    bb, Sep 11, 2003

  2. bb

    Boomer Guest

    bb said:

    > Windows 2000, Outlook Express 6. When I forward an email, is
    > there a way to keep those pesky little "carats" in front of each
    > line of print from being there? I'd like it to be like the
    > original email. TIA babs

    Hi

    Yes there are programs to do this.
    You might want to check a site like www.webattack.com for one.
    Sorry I don't have the name of the program(s) handy.

    HTH

    Boomer, Sep 11, 2003

  3. bb

    Computer Guy Guest

    Yup,
    This is just what you are after. It is called E-Mail Stripper. Start the
    program, copy the entire
    portion of the e-mail with the "carets" and click on "Strip it". Once
    stripped copy the clean
    copy back to your message, It is at
    http://www.kubatana.net/html/archive/resour/030822eutil.asp?sector=RESOUR

    Computer Guy, Sep 11, 2003
  4. bb wrote:

    > Windows 2000, Outlook Express 6. When I forward an email, is there a way
    > to keep those pesky little "carats" in front of each line of print from
    > being
    > there? I'd like it to be like the original email. TIA
    > babs

    Copy the message to be forwarded to your clipboard.
    Open a new email message to the person you want to forward the message to.
    Paste the contents of the old message into the new one.
    Click "send."

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Sep 11, 2003
  5. bb

    Boomer Guest

    Computer Guy said:

    > Yup,
    > This is just what you are after. It is called E-Mail Stripper.
    > Start the program, copy the entire
    > portion of the e-mail with the "carets" and click on "Strip it".
    > Once stripped copy the clean
    > copy back to your message, It is at
    > http://www.kubatana.net/html/archive/resour/030822eutil.asp?secto
    > r=RESOUR DennisC

    Why tell me? bb had the question.
    Please reply to the OP.

    Boomer, Sep 11, 2003
  6. bb

    Charlie Guest

    Tools ... Options ... Send .... Plain text setting ..... Uncheck indent,
    news and mail ....Done

    Charlie, Sep 11, 2003
  7. bb

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    The easiest way that I know how to do it without buying a piece of software
    is to open a new piece of mail and then copy & paste the information that
    you want to send into the new piece. This way you eliminate all of the
    addresses that are attached to the old piece & it looks just like a new
    original ... since actually, it is.

    Yeah ... I dislike those carets and multi-depth pieces of mail too.

    Bay0Wulf, Sep 11, 2003
  8. Howdy!

    "bb" <> wrote in message
    > Windows 2000, Outlook Express 6. When I forward an email, is there a way

    > keep those pesky little "carats" in front of each line of print from being
    > there? I'd like it to be like the original email. TIA
    > babs

    Did you even look at the options in Outlook Express?

    Tools --> Options --> Send --> Plain Text Setting for both News and
    Mail.

    Or you can send it as an attachment.

    Then again, you could learn to cut and paste.

    Why do you want to forward all the shit mail you get, anyway?

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 11, 2003
  9. bb

    bb Guest

    Fabulous. Thanks.

    bb, Sep 11, 2003
  10. bb

    rob Guest

    "bb" <> wrote in message
    > Windows 2000, Outlook Express 6. When I forward an email, is there a way

    > keep those pesky little "carats" in front of each line of print from being
    > there? I'd like it to be like the original email. TIA
    > babs

    Try
    tools, options, send, plain text settings, and uncheck the bottom "Indent
    original text, .... "

    rob, Sep 11, 2003