    I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

    I would be grateful for any help .

    ~Drew

    Andrew, Jun 12, 2007

  2. Andrew

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    news:466dda56$0$16347$...
    > hello all,
    >
    > I would like to forward 3 web based email address to Gmail
    > (Hotmail,Yahoo,Netzero).
    >
    > Im useing Windows Vista, I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.
    >
    > I would be grateful for any help .

    Email forwarding by Hotmail and Yahoo is a pay feature, IIRC. You should be
    able to setup your Gmail account to POP your Netzero account, or go to the
    Netzero web email site and set up forwarding there.

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21288&topic=1577

    WhzzKdd, Jun 12, 2007

  3. What's in a Name?, Jun 12, 2007
  4. Andrew

    Mike Easter Guest

    What's in a Name? wrote:

    >> I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

    > and I want to know why not?

    Free netzero, free hotmail, & free yahoo don't pop/smtp.

    Netzero has a premium account that does. Yahoo has a plus account that
    does. I don't think hotmail offers any pop, just http with msn
    accounts.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers Comparison
    of webmail providers <features table>

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 12, 2007
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I like the flexabilty of web based mail
    that is not to say I can't or won't use a Pop/Smtp mail service
    I cerntly will if it helps me meet my golas.

    ~Drew

    Andrew, Jun 12, 2007
  6. Andrew

    pcbutts1 Guest

    and spelling.

    pcbutts1, Jun 12, 2007
  7. Andrew

    Mike Easter Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > I like the flexabilty of web based mail

    Gmail is flexible and web based. Web mail which doesn't forward or pop
    or access without a proprietary client isn't very flexible.

    Many web mail interfaces are not flexible at all in terms of features
    such as how the addressbook/contacts works and other editing and
    interface features including attachment handling.

    Personally I would rather archive my mail and other communications on my
    drives than just on some webserver's. Gmail's abilities to store and
    forward and pop provide an opportunity to archive on ones own drives as
    well as googlespace.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 12, 2007
  8. After much thought,Mike Easter aka lid came up with this
    jewel:

    > What's in a Name? wrote:
    > >

    > >> I do not use and Pop/Smtp mail service.

    > > and I want to know why not?

    > Free netzero, free hotmail, & free yahoo don't pop/smtp.
    >
    > Netzero has a premium account that does. Yahoo has a plus account
    > that does. I don't think hotmail offers any pop, just http with msn
    > accounts.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers
    > Comparison of webmail providers <features table>

    Yea,well I use gmail,hotmail and yahoo and get all my mail using
    thunderbird with webmail extensions installed. I like getting of all my
    mail accounts in one interface. Plus I am using the portable version on
    a USB drive so I can use them in any computer (along with firefox,open
    office,foxit reader,XanaNews and a few more)
    http://portableapps.com/

    You could also use hotmail popper(there is an older free version still
    out there) and ypops to get yahoo.

    max

    What's in a Name?, Jun 12, 2007