    milo Guest

    g'day, is it possible for outlook to send my email to my gmail account?

    milo
    milo, Mar 7, 2006

  2. milo

    Eli Coten Guest

    milo wrote:
    > g'day, is it possible for outlook to send my email to my gmail account?
    >
    > milo

    Not entirely sure what you mean, but GMail does support POP and SMTP
    once enabled.

    I suggest you login to the webmail http://www.gmail.com/ and click
    settings. Click the forwarding & pop tab, click enable pop and do save
    changes. Then go back to the settings/Forwarding & Pop and click the
    configuration instructions at the bottom and follow instructions. There
    are specific instructions how to make GMail work with Outlook, just look
    out for the right link.

    Eli

    Eli Coten, Mar 7, 2006

  3. milo

    milo Guest

    thanks for replying ,

    what i meant was say for my home email addres
    can i recieve that via my gmail account if im on a public or work pc?
    milo

    milo, Mar 7, 2006
  4. milo

    Bobby Guest

    Hi, Eli!

    I think I know what you are trying to do. I work at a Naval Station
    where all access to gmail, hotmail, etc is blocked. I am able to
    forward gmail to my address here on base but not the other way around,
    for it is not allowed.

    Here is how you set it up:

    1. In Outlook go to Tools > Rules Wizard > New > Check Messages when
    they arrive > Next
    2. Check "Where my name is in the to box" AND "Where my name is NOT in
    the to box. Click Next.
    3. Select forward it to People or distribution list. Click on the
    hyperlink to add yourself to the list via contacts. Click on through
    and finish. You're done!

    Good Luck
    Bobby
    Bobby, Mar 7, 2006
  5. milo

    milo Guest

    "Bobby" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Eli!
    >
    > I think I know what you are trying to do. I work at a Naval Station
    > where all access to gmail, hotmail, etc is blocked. I am able to
    > forward gmail to my address here on base but not the other way around,
    > for it is not allowed.
    >
    > Here is how you set it up:
    >
    > 1. In Outlook go to Tools > Rules Wizard > New > Check Messages when
    > they arrive > Next
    > 2. Check "Where my name is in the to box" AND "Where my name is NOT in
    > the to box. Click Next.
    > 3. Select forward it to People or distribution list. Click on the
    > hyperlink to add yourself to the list via contacts. Click on through
    > and finish. You're done!
    >
    > Good Luck
    > Bobby

    thanks i did that and it does forward them to gmail but only after i open
    outlook???
    any other ideas?

    milo
    milo, Mar 10, 2006