    Right now the only option I have is to save the attachments and resend
    them in a new mail.

    Thanks
    Ranjit, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Ranjit

    Jez Guest

    On 22/10/2004 17:43, Ranjit wrote:

    > I know that this is a weired question but will ask nevertheless :).
    > In order to forward a mail that has attachments we have to forward it as
    > as attachment and not in line. In doing so often the body of the mail
    > gets bigger and bigger as the mailing lists get added for each forward.
    > I was wondering if there was any way in TB I could just forward the
    > attachment and not the msg body so that I can get rid of the body?
    >
    > Right now the only option I have is to save the attachments and resend
    > them in a new mail.

    Am I being too obvious in suggesting that you just do an Edit > Select
    All > Delete before sending?

    Anyway what you're doing at the moment is really the best practice for
    forwards. If you keep forwarding emails in a long chain you are
    compromising your friend's/client's email addresses. Someone along the
    line will get infected with a virus and all those email addresses in the
    forwarded messages will be found on the infected PC's hard-disk, and be
    exploited by the virus..
    Jez, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Ranjit

    Ranjit Guest

    Jez wrote:
    > On 22/10/2004 17:43, Ranjit wrote:
    >
    >> I know that this is a weired question but will ask nevertheless :).
    >> In order to forward a mail that has attachments we have to forward it
    >> as as attachment and not in line. In doing so often the body of the
    >> mail gets bigger and bigger as the mailing lists get added for each
    >> forward.
    >> I was wondering if there was any way in TB I could just forward the
    >> attachment and not the msg body so that I can get rid of the body?
    >>
    >> Right now the only option I have is to save the attachments and resend
    >> them in a new mail.

    > Am I being too obvious in suggesting that you just do an Edit > Select
    > All > Delete before sending?
    >
    > Anyway what you're doing at the moment is really the best practice for
    > forwards. If you keep forwarding emails in a long chain you are
    > compromising your friend's/client's email addresses. Someone along the
    > line will get infected with a virus and all those email addresses in the
    > forwarded messages will be found on the infected PC's hard-disk, and be
    > exploited by the virus..

    Jez, thanx but I think I didn't make myself clear.
    Whenever I want to forward something as attachment, the text won't
    appear in the editing window, so I can't select all -> delete it.
    For the very point that you mentioned, I don't like exposing email
    addresses in my forwarded mail and so have to compose it all over again.

    I wanted to know if there is any way where in only the attachments can
    be forwarded and the accompanying text (or the biiig mail-id list that
    build up for each forward).

    Thanks
    Ranjit, Oct 24, 2004