    mobile is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    Steve R, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Steve R

    Jono Guest

    Steve R laid this down on his screen :
    > uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip number or a uk
    > landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip number and then forward
    > my voip number to a mobile , should this work?
    > The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly to a mobile
    > is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

    Erm, yes, it will work. "Why bother?" is a separate question, though.
    The advantages are possibly obvious, from a caller's perspective....

    Jono, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Steve R

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Steve R wrote:
    > uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip number or a uk
    > landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip number and then forward
    > my voip number to a mobile , should this work?

    Yes.

    > The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly to a
    > mobile is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

    Or find a provider with cheaper rates to divert 0845 to UK mobile.

    Paul Cupis, Mar 5, 2007
  4. Steve R

    Steve R Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message news:45ecb172.0@entanet...
    > Steve R wrote:
    >> uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip number or a
    >> uk landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip number and then
    >> forward my voip number to a mobile , should this work?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly to a
    >> mobile is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper voip options.

    > Or find a provider with cheaper rates to divert 0845 to UK mobile.

    Thanks, I thought it should work, but I remember working in an office once
    where a forward would only go one leg - ie. if you forwarded the desk phone
    to your mobile and then didn't answer the mobile, it would not forward to
    the mobile voicemail system. It would go back to the desk voicemail system.
    It was probably time out related thing though that wouldn't effect this
    setup. I just wanted to check with someone who knows.

    Basically, I want an 0845 number that I can always be contacted on, even
    when out and about. I am just looking on the web now for finding the
    cheapest way of doing that. voipcheap have mobile rates around 5p / minute -
    I just need to figure out how I am going to make use of that with an 0845
    number .... voipcheap don't give out a dial in number by the looks of it.

    regards,

    Steve

    Steve R, Mar 6, 2007
  5. Steve R wrote:
    > "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >> Steve R wrote:
    >>> uk2number have 0845 numbers that are free to divert to a voip
    >>> number or a uk landline. Now if I point this 0845 number to a voip
    >>> number and then forward my voip number to a mobile , should this
    >>> work?

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >>> The advantages are obvious. The rate to forward the 0845 directly
    >>> to a mobile is 25p / minute and I think there are a lot cheaper
    >>> voip options.

    >> Or find a provider with cheaper rates to divert 0845 to UK mobile.

    > Thanks, I thought it should work, but I remember working in an
    > office once where a forward would only go one leg - ie. if you
    > forwarded the desk phone to your mobile and then didn't answer the
    > mobile, it would not forward to the mobile voicemail system. It would
    > related thing though that wouldn't effect this setup. I just wanted
    > to check with someone who knows.
    > Basically, I want an 0845 number that I can always be contacted on,
    > even when out and about. I am just looking on the web now for finding
    > the cheapest way of doing that. voipcheap have mobile rates around 5p
    > / minute - I just need to figure out how I am going to make use of
    > that with an 0845 number .... voipcheap don't give out a dial in
    > number by the looks of it.
    > regards,
    >
    > Steve

    Send me an email and I can let you know how to have either an 0845
    number or 01 / 02 number for free pointed to VoIPCheap which you can
    then divert to mobile.

    Is there a reason for an 0845 number, would a regular 01 or 02 number
    not be more desirable?

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 6, 2007
  6. Steve R

    Guest

    On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:36:21 -0000, "Steve R" <> wrote:

    >Basically, I want an 0845 number that I can always be contacted on, even
    >when out and about.

    Why not get a normal geographical number that does the same?
    www.voip.co.uk will get you one for free, and you can forward that to
    a mobile at 10p per minute.

    , Mar 6, 2007
  7. Steve R

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:37:10 +0000, wrote:

    >On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:36:21 -0000, "Steve R" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Basically, I want an 0845 number that I can always be contacted on, even
    >>when out and about.

    >Why not get a normal geographical number that does the same?
    >www.voip.co.uk will get you one for free, and you can forward that to
    >a mobile at 10p per minute.

    Just get a geo number to a voip provider. Register with Voxalot and
    use that to forward your calls to wherever you want using whatever
    provider you want, probably for about 5.5p/min to mobiles.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 6, 2007