    machine if someone types in my external ip then only hit he xp
    machine. i cant figure out how to forward it to the linux machine.
    , Feb 5, 2008

  2. Hi
    It does not matter which OS, or wether it is wired or wireless. it has to
    be done according to the IP of the computer and the specific port open.
    Example.
    If you have two computers running a Web Server they can not both run the
    server via port 80 since there would be No way to differentiate.
    One computer can run on port 80, and the Router should open port 80 and
    point to its IP.
    The other computer server should be configure to Run via another port (like
    8080), and the Router should open port 8080 and point to the second computer
    IP.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 5, 2008