    If not, what could possibly do what I'm after?

    Thanks,
    Jose

    Jose, Jan 10, 2008

  2. Jose

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jose" <> wrote in message
    news:
    : : Hi All,
    : :
    : : Using a Linksys PAP2, can one forward unanswered calls
    : : from Line1 to Line2, and instruct Line2 to forward
    : : calls to a PSTN number?
    : :
    : : If so, how?
    : :
    : : If not, what could possibly do what I'm after?
    : :
    : : Thanks,
    : : Jose

    You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer call
    forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something your ATA
    does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 10, 2008

  3. Jose

    MeGgAhUrTz Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Jose" <> wrote in message
    > Sipgate certainly offer call forwarding,

    > Ivor

    Just like watching a bad 80`s film with product placement....

    MeGgAhUrTz, Jan 10, 2008
  4. Jose

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "MeGgAhUrTz" <> wrote in message
    : : "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in
    : : message news:...
    : : : "Jose" <> wrote in message
    : : : news:
    : : : Sipgate certainly offer call forwarding,
    : :
    : : : Ivor
    : : :
    : :
    : : Just like watching a bad 80`s film with product
    : : placement....

    Eh..? I don't understand. I stated a fact, nothing more.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 10, 2008
  5. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:14:35 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer call
    >forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something your ATA

    Voip provider 1 offers call forwarding. I'm getting calls through that
    provider. I'd like to, in some circumstances, forward incoming calls
    to my mobile. Trouble is, Voip Provider 1, charges an arm and a leg
    for calls to my mobile.

    Voip provider 2, does not allow incoming calls, therefore neither call
    forwarding, but... charges peanuts for calls to my mobile.

    >does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

    The PAP2 allows you to set up call forwarding if busy, of if
    unanswered, to the number of your choice, but to the best of my
    knowledge, only using the account which is receiving the call...

    I'd like it to forward my unanswered calls coming from Voip provider
    1, to my mobile, using Voip provider 2.

    Sugestions?

    Jose

    Jose, Jan 10, 2008
  6. Jose

    Jono Guest

    Jose brought next idea :
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:14:35 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer call
    >> forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something your ATA

    > Voip provider 1 offers call forwarding. I'm getting calls through that
    > provider. I'd like to, in some circumstances, forward incoming calls
    > to my mobile. Trouble is, Voip Provider 1, charges an arm and a leg
    > for calls to my mobile.
    >
    > Voip provider 2, does not allow incoming calls, therefore neither call
    > forwarding, but... charges peanuts for calls to my mobile.
    >
    >> does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

    > The PAP2 allows you to set up call forwarding if busy, of if
    > unanswered, to the number of your choice, but to the best of my
    > knowledge, only using the account which is receiving the call...
    >
    > I'd like it to forward my unanswered calls coming from Voip provider
    > 1, to my mobile, using Voip provider 2.
    >
    > Sugestions?

    Voxalot?

    Register both your providers with voxalot; register your ATA with
    voxalot. Build a dial plan. done.

    Bit of small cost though.

    I'm sure there are some instructions here <www.leafcom.co.uk>

    Jono, Jan 10, 2008
  7. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:21:00 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Voxalot?
    >
    >Register both your providers with voxalot; register your ATA with
    >voxalot. Build a dial plan. done.
    >
    >Bit of small cost though.
    >
    >I'm sure there are some instructions here <www.leafcom.co.uk>

    Had no idea of the concept's existance. Seems brilliant! I'll have to
    study the dial plans configs, in the lefcom pages.

    What cost did you have in mind? How does Voxalot make some out of
    their free acounts??

    Thanks a lot!

    Regards,
    Jose

    Jose, Jan 11, 2008
  8. Jose wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:14:35 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer
    >> call forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something
    >> your ATA

    > Voip provider 1 offers call forwarding. I'm getting calls through that
    > provider. I'd like to, in some circumstances, forward incoming calls
    > to my mobile. Trouble is, Voip Provider 1, charges an arm and a leg
    > for calls to my mobile.
    >
    > Voip provider 2, does not allow incoming calls, therefore neither call
    > forwarding, but... charges peanuts for calls to my mobile.
    >
    >> does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

    > The PAP2 allows you to set up call forwarding if busy, of if
    > unanswered, to the number of your choice, but to the best of my
    > knowledge, only using the account which is receiving the call...
    >
    > I'd like it to forward my unanswered calls coming from Voip provider
    > 1, to my mobile, using Voip provider 2.
    >
    > Sugestions?
    >
    > Jose

    Who is the VoIP provider 2 that doesn't offer incoming calls?

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 11, 2008
  9. Jose

    Jose Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:44:02 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >Who is the VoIP provider 2 that doesn't offer incoming calls?

    Betamax, in the countries where they don't have Voip-Ins.

    I've finally been able to get a Betamax Voip-In in the UK - although I
    live in Portugal - but I'm getting the feeling they don't let me
    forward an incoming call to some other number, as when I'm away from
    the office, and would like to take the call in my mobile

    Regards,
    Jose

    Jose, Jan 11, 2008
  10. Jose

    Oldie Guest

    In article <>,
    (Jose) wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:21:00 GMT, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Voxalot?
    > >
    > >Register both your providers with voxalot; register your ATA with
    > >voxalot. Build a dial plan. done.
    > >
    > >Bit of small cost though.
    > >
    > >I'm sure there are some instructions here <www.leafcom.co.uk>

    > Had no idea of the concept's existance. Seems brilliant! I'll have to
    > study the dial plans configs, in the lefcom pages.
    >
    > What cost did you have in mind? How does Voxalot make some out of
    > their free acounts??

    If you want to be able to register one DID for incoming calls on Voxalot
    - and have the Call Forwarding facility - USD 15 per year (a higher cost
    for more than one DID).

    If your provider 1 can redirect to your Voxalot SIP URI you don't need
    to register it to receive incoming calls, but then if you don't register
    it you don't get Call Forwarding!

    In general, you don't need to register a DID to be able to make outgoing
    calls. Certainly not the Betamax ones anyway. I use a Betamax account
    for the very purpose that you are looking for. The only downside is that
    the CLI that you will see on your mobile is that of the DID used for the
    forwarding leg, not that of the incoming caller. At least you'll know
    that it's an incoming diverted call though.

    In my case I have registered one DID with Voxalot so that I can get the
    add-on functions. My other DIDs are redirected straight to my Voxalot
    SIP URI, and they can be used for forwarding too. That way I just pay
    $15 pa for a very flexible service.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Jan 11, 2008
  11. Jose

    wrote:

    >Voxalot?
    >
    >Register both your providers with voxalot; register your ATA with
    >voxalot. Build a dial plan. done.

    Do you know if Voxalot would accept call forwarding instructed by the
    PAP2?

    Say, you get an incoming call, but you've just gone out for a cup of
    coffee, and you setup the PAP2 to forward the call, after xx seconds,
    to another number (mobile). Would Voxalot accept this?

    My experience with VoipFone is that it does accept it; Betamax, does
    not accept it. What's the case with VoxAlot?

    Thanks,
    Jose

    Jose, Jan 13, 2008