forward attachments

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Jules, Nov 13, 2004.

  1. Jules

    Jules Guest

    Hi

    I like thunderbird, getting used to it but stuck on 1 thing so far.

    Often i get emails on X machine, but i need to trasnfer it to Y machine,
    OE i used to forward and it would inc the att, html files or what ever.
    Now when i forward only the text message sends, not the att.

    I guess its simple, but cant seem to do it although i tried.

    Have dyslexia a bit so not sure on the terminolgy.

    Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min (as
    max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is some.
    Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive, yet it
    seems too.

    0.9 version.

    thanks
    Jules, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Jules

    Posco Guest

    Jules wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I like thunderbird, getting used to it but stuck on 1 thing so far.
    >
    > Often i get emails on X machine, but i need to trasnfer it to Y machine,
    > OE i used to forward and it would inc the att, html files or what ever.
    > Now when i forward only the text message sends, not the att.
    >
    > I guess its simple, but cant seem to do it although i tried.
    >
    > Have dyslexia a bit so not sure on the terminolgy.
    >
    > Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min (as
    > max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is some.
    > Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive, yet it
    > seems too.
    >
    > 0.9 version.
    >
    > thanks

    I have v0.8, but I use Tools/Options/Composition/Forward message as
    attachment

    Posco
    Posco, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Hello,

    Jules wrote in an email dated 13/Nov/04 04:40:
    > Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min (as
    > max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is some.
    > Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive, yet it
    > seems too.

    Tools -> Account Settings -> account name -> Server Settings -> uncheck
    the "check emails every..." box

    Nicolas
    --
    Ad Noiseam
    www.adnoiseam.net
    Nicolas Chevreux, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Jules

    Jules Guest

    Nicolas Chevreux wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Jules wrote in an email dated 13/Nov/04 04:40:
    >
    >> Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min
    >> (as max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is
    >> some. Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive,
    >> yet it seems too.

    > Tools -> Account Settings -> account name -> Server Settings -> uncheck
    > the "check emails every..." box
    >
    > Nicolas

    thanks, i just enterd a 400 or bigger amount as OE. Will try that
    Jules, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Jules

    Jules Guest

    Posco wrote:
    > Jules wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I like thunderbird, getting used to it but stuck on 1 thing so far.
    >>
    >> Often i get emails on X machine, but i need to trasnfer it to Y
    >> machine, OE i used to forward and it would inc the att, html files or
    >> what ever. Now when i forward only the text message sends, not the att.
    >>
    >> I guess its simple, but cant seem to do it although i tried.
    >>
    >> Have dyslexia a bit so not sure on the terminolgy.
    >>
    >> Another thing i noticed. if i set the check messages every 400 min
    >> (as max was with OE) it still seems to check and download if there is
    >> some. Sometimes i need to transfer emails, so SEND but not recive,
    >> yet it seems too.
    >>
    >> 0.9 version.
    >>
    >> thanks

    > I have v0.8, but I use Tools/Options/Composition/Forward message as
    > attachment
    >
    > Posco

    thanks, i checked the settins just now, as you desribe and it matched.

    sent to THIS pc the one with the att sent to me from THIs machine and it
    sent and recieved WITH the att. will try later to the OE machine i need
    to manipulate the attchemnts (its defragging at the mo)

    Once i know how to do it i can change the other 2 machines to thunderbird.
    Jules, Nov 13, 2004