    to forward to a friend. When I click "forward" the text shows, but the
    attachment is missing. Can this be changed?

    Thanks.
    Elmira, Jul 21, 2007

  2. Elmira

    Vanguard Guest

    "Elmira" wrote in message news:qZpoi.1501$...
    >I have WinXP SP2.... sometimes I get an email with an attachment that I
    >want to forward to a friend. When I click "forward" the text shows,
    >but the attachment is missing. Can this be changed?

    WinXP SP2 is not an e-mail client. We don't know what you are using as
    an e-mail client. Although we could guess that it is Outlook Express
    but what you use for newsgroups may not be what you use for e-mail.

    Try forwarding the original e-mail as an attachment to see what happens.
    Vanguard, Jul 21, 2007

  3. Elmira

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:44:28 -0400, "Elmira"
    <newz.e.elmira[REMOVE]@antichef.com> wrote:

    >I have WinXP SP2.... sometimes I get an email with an attachment that I want
    >to forward to a friend. When I click "forward" the text shows, but the
    >attachment is missing. Can this be changed?

    Possibly. That would all depend on your e-mail client.
    Evan Platt, Jul 21, 2007
  4. Elmira

    Mike Easter Guest

    Elmira wrote:
    > sometimes I get an email with an attachment that
    > I want to forward to a friend.

    That statement is ambiguous. It could mean that you want to send the
    attachment to another friend, or it could mean that you want to forward
    the entire mail which has the attachment to another friend.

    If I interpret that you want to email the attachment, one method is to
    save the attachment to disk. Then create an new email to your desired
    recipient and attach the file you saved.

    > When I click "forward" the text
    > shows, but the attachment is missing. Can this be changed?

    What happens when you click 'forward' depends on a lot of things,
    including how the original item is structured and what email client you
    are using and how it is configured.

    Also, bear in mind that just because someone sends you an email doesn't
    mean that you have permission to email their address and other
    characteristics found in their email headers to someone else. This is a
    problem if you forward their email as an attachment addressed to someone
    else.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 21, 2007
  5. Elmira

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:44:28 -0400, "Elmira"
    <newz.e.elmira[REMOVE]@antichef.com> wrote:

    Your [REMOVE] , a poor attempt at a munged address is on the wrong side
    of the @.

    Be creative with your mung, and change it often as well.

    If you decide to add a "spamblock" to your existing address, put it on
    the right-hand side of the @ sign.

    >I have WinXP SP2.... sometimes I get an email with an attachment that I want

    My XP SP2 doesn't handle email all that well either, I had to use
    another program for that.

    >to forward to a friend. When I click "forward" the text shows, but the

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Jul 21, 2007
  6. Elmira

    Plato Guest

    Elmira wrote:

    > I have WinXP SP2.... sometimes I get an email with an attachment that I want
    > to forward to a friend. When I click "forward" the text shows, but the
    > attachment is missing. Can this be changed?

    Please note that most of the time your friends wont appreciate you
    sending them an attachment that was sent to you. Also, many people have
    set limits on the byte size of messages to reduce unwanted mail, so the
    attachement wont show up at all.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 22, 2007