    Doh moments here. How do I forward attachments in line? Mom in law
    cannot grasp "attachments" anymore and I can't see how to inline them so
    she can see pictures in emails I send or forward her way. Thanks Much.

    Doug, Dec 4, 2011

  2. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Re: Forward attachments in line - btw I'm on 8.0

    Doug, Dec 4, 2011

  3. Re: Forward attachments in line - btw I'm on 8.0

    "Doug" wrote...
    > Doh moments here. How do I forward attachments in line? Mom in law
    > cannot grasp "attachments" anymore and I can't see how to inline them so
    > she can see pictures in emails I send or forward her way. Thanks Much.

    I don't use TB, though I do have version 2.0.0.23 installed.

    -

    While composing a new message, I pick (from the top menu):
    > Insert, Image...

    and I get a choice of "Attach this image to the message".

    If selected, the image appears inline where the cursor was. If I un-select it,
    the message only shows a placeholder, and the image is automatically
    inserted when the message is actually sent.

    - Edit : It worked this way for the first test, but not the second or third!
    - Maybe because I was sending to myself and viewing in TB?
    - Messages all looked normal in Outlook Express.

    -

    If I use the big Attach button with the paperclip icon, the image appears
    at the end of the message, instead of inline.

    Of course, I can still mess up the message by picking (from the main menu):
    > View, Display Attachments Inline.

    When selected, the Attached (paperclip button) image appears at the end of
    the message, as well as in the attachment list that I have to double-click to open.
    If un-selected, it only appears in the attachment list.

    -

    And again, your M-I-L may have a different e-mail program, and she may have
    her version of "View Inline" turned off.

    Sanity Clause, Dec 4, 2011