    Hope you understand it

    Regards Henrik
    , Jan 24, 2007

  2. AM Guest

    wrote:
    > Hey all.
    >
    > I wan't to forward all trafic from 1 Wan adresse to a Lan adresse. what
    > is the command to do that ?
    > We have many wan adresses, so when there is trafic on wan adresse
    > 85.1.1.226 it has to be forward to 192.1.1.2. All the port has to be
    > open, because we have a firewall on that adress.

    ip nat inside source static <internal address> <external address>

    then write

    "ip nat outside"

    on the WAN interface and

    "ip nat inside"

    on the internal interface

    HTH Alex.
    AM, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Guest

    Thank you for the re.

    What do you mean about internal interface ?
    I only have one eth1.
    , Jan 24, 2007
  4. AM Guest

    wrote:

    > Thank you for the re.
    >
    > What do you mean about internal interface ?
    > I only have one eth1.

    Without any conf from you I could'n be more specific :)
    Anyway eth1 should be the right interface

    HTH Alex.
    AM, Jan 24, 2007
  5. Guest

    hehe. Okai here is some more info.

    Vi have a G.shdsl Cisco router with 4 wan adresse but only 1 WAN port.

    What i wabt is, to forward all traffic from 88.88.88.1 to another
    router, a zyxel, and the zyxels ip is 192.1.1.1. Is that posipbe at all
    ?

    Regards Henrik
    , Jan 24, 2007
  6. Guest

    In article <>, writes:

    > hehe. Okai here is some more info.
    >
    > Vi have a G.shdsl Cisco router with 4 wan adresse but only 1 WAN port.
    >
    > What i wabt is, to forward all traffic from 88.88.88.1 to another
    > router, a zyxel, and the zyxels ip is 192.1.1.1. Is that posipbe at all

    IP Policy Routing.

    Something along the lines of

    ip access-list extended from-source-host
    permit ip host 88.88.88.1 any

    route-map reroute-one-host permit 10
    match ip address from-source-host
    set ip next-hop 192.1.1.1

    interface <wan-interface-facing 88.88.88.1>
    ip policy route-map reroute-one-host
    , Jan 24, 2007
  7. gg Guest

    pardon me for jumping in. I am still a newbie to IONS

    what does the "10" in "route-map reroute-one-host permit 10" do? or is that
    an access list 10?

    gg, Jan 25, 2007
  8. In article <G36uh.154291$rv4.85428@edtnps90>, gg <> wrote:

    >what does the "10" in "route-map reroute-one-host permit 10" do? or is that
    >an access list 10?

    The "10" is an arbitrary sequence number for the route-map group.
    The relative order compared to the other route-map groups is important,
    but the absolute value is not important, and it does not refer to any
    access-list.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008047915d.shtml
    Walter Roberson, Jan 25, 2007
  9. gg Guest

    thank you very much.

    so 10 is not administrative metric either since its absolute value is not
    important.

    gg, Jan 26, 2007
  10. gg Guest

    btw when to use route-map and when to use something like "ip nat inside
    source static tcp 10.10.10.3 PORT interface fa0/1 PORT extendable"?

    gg, Jan 26, 2007
  11. Guest

    In article <gGsuh.190184$YV4.37596@edtnps89>, "gg" <> writes:
    > btw when to use route-map and when to use something like "ip nat inside
    > source static tcp 10.10.10.3 PORT interface fa0/1 PORT extendable"?

    If you want to rewrite the source or destination addresses on the
    packet without affecting the next-hop interface then you would
    you would use NAT.

    If you want to alter the next-hop interface or next-hop gateway
    based on the arrival interface, source address or various other
    fields but do not wish to rewrite the source or destination IP
    addresses then you would use ip policy routing.
    , Jan 26, 2007