    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"
    Alasdair Baxter, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:03:44 +0100, Alasdair Baxter <> wrote:

    >I am using Forte Agent 9 and have a curious problem. It works
    >perfectly on all newsgroups except one, uk.legal. It will not
    >download headers for this group nor bodies although it will post OK.
    >
    >When I try to d/l headers, it says "finished downloading headers" with
    >no number of downloads beside it. When I try to download bodies it
    >says "no longer available" even though the message is only a day old.
    >
    >I am using DFN CIS as my news server.
    >
    >The server must be OK since I can download headers and bodies using
    >Outlook Express.

    It sounds like the index file for that group is screwed up. Find the index and dat
    files for that group and delete them, or press enter on the empty group and tell
    it to download all articles.

    >--

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Aug 14, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > I am using Forte Agent 9 and have a curious problem. It works
    > perfectly on all newsgroups except one, uk.legal. It will not
    > download headers for this group nor bodies although it will post OK.
    >
    > When I try to d/l headers, it says "finished downloading headers" with
    > no number of downloads beside it. When I try to download bodies it
    > says "no longer available" even though the message is only a day old.
    >
    > I am using DFN CIS as my news server.
    >
    > The server must be OK since I can download headers and bodies using
    > Outlook Express.
    > --
    >
    > Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263
    >
    > "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    > It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    That News server had a power outage yesterday, and they are rebuilding
    their systems. Try later.
    --
    Mike
    Michael Thompson, Aug 14, 2003
  4. On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:39:23 +0100, Michael Thompson
    <> wrote:

    >That News server had a power outage yesterday, and they are rebuilding
    >their systems. Try later.

    Thanks. That probably explains a lot.

    Alasdair Baxter, Aug 14, 2003