    old age - I've forgotten how!

    Guidance will be verymuch appreciated.

    Jon

    Jonathon, Apr 5, 2010

  2. Jonathon

    VanguardLH Guest

    Jonathon wrote:

    > Using Forte Agent Version 4.2/32/.1118, I wish to transfer various
    > messages to a folder named "Help-Help-Help" which will contain
    > messages of help. The idea being to keep a record of useful answers
    > to various questions asked by news groups members.

    Why not use a clipboard manager? Not only do you get the advantage of
    retaining old clips for awhile depending on your settings but you get screen
    or area captures along with repositories of saved clips that you can
    organize base on topic.

    Saving multiple old clips is handy when, for example, you need to enter
    multiple input fields in a web form but want to copy each field before
    clicking on the Submit button just in case their server is down to where the
    form data gets submitted or there is an error and backing up to the form
    page results in all its fields are cleared. Just retrieve all the input
    fields from the clips that you saved. It could be across different web
    browser sessions or hours or days apart when you realize that you'd like to
    reuse that old clip or you want to go look at it again because it has some
    info you wanted again.

    You can also edit the saved clips which is handy over time to update them.
    For clips that you reuse a lot, like for answering the same questions asked
    over and over by boobs too lazy to do an online search, you can create
    repositories of saved clips and even organize them into a tree hierachy by
    topic and sub-topic.

    Besides reusing the saved clips in newsgroups, you could reuse them in
    forums, e-mails, documents, or anywhere you can paste the clips. You could
    even have a series of clips that you can then "power paste" by selecting the
    first clip, the direction you want to go through them in your saved list,
    and just keep pasting to put each clip after the other. Sometimes you just
    want a short help clip but sometimes you want to merge several together for
    those that need more handholding or require you to change their diapers in
    that they are that poor at expending any effort on their own to resolve
    their problem.

    You can search through your clips, too, since you might not remember where
    you stored your least-used clips or you have so many that a search is faster
    than you wading through your hierarchy of repositories of saved clips.

    Clipmate (payware): http://www.clipmate.com/
    ClipMagic (freeware): http://www.clipmagic.com/

    Rather than limit yourself to just one program in just one communications
    venue of where to reuse your saved clips, use a clipboard manager and use
    them anywhere in any program.

    VanguardLH, Apr 5, 2010

  3. Jonathon

    Jonathon Guest

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 08:57:33 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:34:57 +0100, Jonathon <>wrote:
    >
    >>Using Forte Agent Version 4.2/32/.1118, I wish to transfer various
    >>messages to a folder named "Help-Help-Help" which will contain
    >>messages of help. The idea being to keep a record of useful answers
    >>to various questions asked by news groups members.
    >>
    >>Many moons ago I used to carry out this function but - probably due to
    >>old age - I've forgotten how!
    >>
    >>Guidance will be verymuch appreciated.
    >>
    >>Jon

    >Right click on message and choose
    >Copy to Folder ---> All Folders and select it.
    >When the all folders dialog box appears you can then
    >create the folder help-help-help (if it does not exist) and afterwards
    >save messages to it by repeating the process minus the creat new
    >folder function of course.

    It would have helped you to help me had I asked the question correctly
    and in full!!!! I should have said " I wish to transfer messages to to
    a folder named help-help-help, which is on *ANOTHER* drive.

    To put it another way, my "Agent" is operating within my 'C' drive
    and the "help-help-help" folder is on an external drive.

    Sorry if I'm rambling, but the more I try to explain, the more
    confused I become.
    HELP x 3

    Regards
    Jon.