Forte Agent 2.0 help needed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sigi Rindler, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    I have read a review about Forte Agent 2.0 and would like to purchase it
    sine it offers a Newsreader and a Mailreader in one pack.
    After downloading the trial version I have run into problems. Installing
    Mail and News in Outlook Express causes no problems, but Agent does.

    Does someone know a URL that offers the installation procedure with
    screenshots? My news service required a login name and a password. However,
    these items haven't shown up in Agent.

    When trying to access the NGs, the following message pops up:

    /!\ Sorry! An online error occurred when retrieving complete list of
    groups.

    Reason: Error reported by Server: 480 authentication required still.

    Any help or hint is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    S. Rindler

    Sigi Rindler, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Sigi Rindler

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:44:57 +0900, "Sigi Rindler" <-net.ne.jp> wrote:

    >I have read a review about Forte Agent 2.0 and would like to purchase it
    >sine it offers a Newsreader and a Mailreader in one pack.
    >After downloading the trial version I have run into problems. Installing
    >Mail and News in Outlook Express causes no problems, but Agent does.
    >

    >Does someone know a URL that offers the installation procedure with
    >screenshots? My news service required a login name and a password. However,
    >these items haven't shown up in Agent.

    First entry under options.

    >When trying to access the NGs, the following message pops up:
    >

    >/!\ Sorry! An online error occurred when retrieving complete list of
    >groups.
    >

    >Reason: Error reported by Server: 480 authentication required still.
    >

    >Any help or hint is appreciated.
    >

    >Thanks,
    >
    >S. Rindler

    >http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    >----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Sigi Rindler

    Guest

    "Sigi Rindler" <-net.ne.jp> wrote:

    |>I have read a review about Forte Agent 2.0 and would like to purchase it
    |>sine it offers a Newsreader and a Mailreader in one pack.
    |>After downloading the trial version I have run into problems. Installing
    |>Mail and News in Outlook Express causes no problems, but Agent does.
    |>

    |>Does someone know a URL that offers the installation procedure with
    |>screenshots? My news service required a login name and a password. However,
    |>these items haven't shown up in Agent.

    I'm using 1.93 so the configure might be different but Go to Options >
    User and System profile > User - edit your News Server Login.
    Not many pixs but:
    http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/fagent.html
    http://www.loganact.com/agent/agentfaq.html

    --