    long would £20,000 last if invested at 4% but £500 is taken out every
    month)?

    Ta

    SS, Feb 4, 2006

  2. SS

    Guest

    Amortization.
    That's more or less the technical name.
    Surf the web and you'll find all kinds of software for doing what you
    want.
    Google returned 496,000 hits for freeware amortization.
    Have fun.

    , Feb 4, 2006

  3. SS

    old jon Guest

    "SS" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a formula available for calculating compound interest where you
    > can
    > put in the interest rate, capital sum, number of years and come out at the
    > end with a total sum. Also would be useful to specify whether interest is
    > added yearly or monthly.
    >
    > ALSO a formula to calculate remaining sum when a capital sum is invested
    > at
    > an interest rate and a regular amount is taken out every month (i.e. how
    > long would £20,000 last if invested at 4% but £500 is taken out every
    > month)?
    >
    > Ta

    http://www.webmath.com/compinterest.html

    http://www.finance.cch.com/text/c10s10d030.asp

    http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/finworks/fmfutval.htm

    www.mortgage-investments.com/
    Mortgage_and_real_estate_Calculators/compound_interest_calculator.htm

    here`s some to get you started <g>.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 4, 2006
  4. SS

    GHalleck Guest

    SS wrote:

    > Is there a formula available for calculating compound interest where you can
    > put in the interest rate, capital sum, number of years and come out at the
    > end with a total sum. Also would be useful to specify whether interest is
    > added yearly or monthly.
    >
    > ALSO a formula to calculate remaining sum when a capital sum is invested at
    > an interest rate and a regular amount is taken out every month (i.e. how
    > long would £20,000 last if invested at 4% but £500 is taken out every
    > month)?
    >
    > Ta

    The formula is in Microsoft Excel...if you want to use it.
    Just plug in the values.

    GHalleck, Feb 4, 2006
  5. SS

    FML Guest

    SS wrote:
    > Is there a formula available for calculating compound interest where you can
    > put in the interest rate, capital sum, number of years and come out at the
    > end with a total sum. Also would be useful to specify whether interest is
    > added yearly or monthly.
    >
    > ALSO a formula to calculate remaining sum when a capital sum is invested at
    > an interest rate and a regular amount is taken out every month (i.e. how
    > long would £20,000 last if invested at 4% but £500 is taken out every
    > month)?
    >
    > Ta

    Check the Investment section of this page:

    http://www.tcalc.com/calculators.htm

    or if you must have the formulas themselves:

    http://www.kbapps.com/finance.html

    FML, Feb 4, 2006
  6. SS

    Plato Guest

    SS wrote:

    > Is there a formula available for calculating compound interest where you can
    > put in the interest rate, capital sum, number of years and come out at the
    > end with a total sum. Also would be useful to specify whether interest is
    > added yearly or monthly.

    Perhaps ten thousand free such type calculators on the Internet. Just
    check any mortgage site.

    --
    http://www.kissmyip.com/

    Plato, Feb 4, 2006
  7. SS

    SS Guest

    Wanted the formula for a spreadsheet so online calculators no good

    SS, Feb 11, 2006
  8. SS

    Yddap Guest

    In news:bmiHf.23427$,
    SS <> opined very noisily:
    > Wanted the formula for a spreadsheet so online calculators no good
    >
    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >> SS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Is there a formula available for calculating compound interest
    >>> where you can put in the interest rate, capital sum, number of
    >>> years and come out at the end with a total sum. Also would be
    >>> useful to specify whether interest is added yearly or monthly.

    >> Perhaps ten thousand free such type calculators on the Internet. Just
    >> check any mortgage site.
    >>

    >> --
    >> http://www.kissmyip.com/

    see http://www.math2.org/math/general/interest.htm
    all will be revealed
    :)
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Feb 11, 2006
  9. Yddap wrote:
    > In news:bmiHf.23427$,
    > SS <> opined very noisily:
    >
    >>Wanted the formula for a spreadsheet so online calculators no good
    >>
    >>"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    >>>Perhaps ten thousand free such type calculators on the Internet. Just
    >>>check any mortgage site.
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>http://www.kissmyip.com/

    > see http://www.math2.org/math/general/interest.htm
    > all will be revealed
    > :)

    Many thanks - I haven't seen that loan balance equation before.

    --
    Sue

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Feb 11, 2006
  10. SS

    SS Guest

    Cracking - thanks!

    SS, Feb 11, 2006