Former NZ Exec appointed MS CFO

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rob J, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3260494a13aT,00.html

    Ex-CHH chief appointed Microsoft CFO

    Former Carter Holt Harvey chief executive Chris Liddell has been
    appointed Microsoft's new chief financial officer.

    Mr Liddell will take up the post on May 9, from his current position as
    CFO at Carter Holt's US parent International Paper.

    In his new role Mr Liddell will lead Microsoft's global finance
    organisation and will have responsibility for accounting and reporting,
    strategic planning and analysis, treasury, tax, audit, and investor
    relations.

    Mr Liddell said in a statement he was attracted to Microsoft by its high
    levels of passion and optimism.

    "Given Microsoft's track record of innovation, outstanding people and
    proven ability to create value, the opportunities that lie ahead are
    nearly limitless," he said Mr Liddell stepped down as Carter Holt's chief
    executive at the end of 2002 and became International Paper's CFO in
    February 2003.
    Rob J, Apr 26, 2005

  2. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:51:31 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:

    >http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3260494a13aT,00.html
    >
    >Ex-CHH chief appointed Microsoft CFO
    >
    >Former Carter Holt Harvey chief executive Chris Liddell has been
    >appointed Microsoft's new chief financial officer.
    >
    >Mr Liddell will take up the post on May 9, from his current position as
    >CFO at Carter Holt's US parent International Paper.

    Is Chris Liddel the guy that used to be the boss of XTRA
    FreedomChooser, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Rob J

    AD. Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:51:31 +1200, Rob J wrote:

    > "Given Microsoft's track record of innovation, outstanding people and
    > proven ability to create value, the opportunities that lie ahead are
    > nearly limitless,"

    Hehe, he seems to have passed his "innovation" training.

    MS Executives bonuses are dependant on how many times they can cram that
    word into press reports.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Apr 26, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    Rob J <> wrote:

    >"Given Microsoft's track record of innovation, outstanding people and
    >proven ability to create value, the opportunities that lie ahead are
    >nearly limitless," [Liddell] said

    Pity he had to join the company after it's passed its peak.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Rob J

    Impossible Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    message news:...
    > In article <>,
    > Rob J <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Given Microsoft's track record of innovation, outstanding people
    >>and
    >>proven ability to create value, the opportunities that lie ahead are
    >>nearly limitless," [Liddell] said

    > Pity he had to join the company after it's passed its peak.

    LOL. When was the "peak" exactly?
    Impossible, Apr 27, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    "Impossible" <> wrote:

    >"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> In article <>,
    >> Rob J <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Given Microsoft's track record of innovation, outstanding people
    >>>and
    >>>proven ability to create value, the opportunities that lie ahead are
    >>>nearly limitless," [Liddell] said

    >> Pity he had to join the company after it's passed its peak.

    >LOL. When was the "peak" exactly?

    Perhaps the release of Windows XP. My that was a long time ago...
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 27, 2005
  7. Rob J

    Shane Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:16:56 -0400, Impossible wrote:

    > "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> In article <>,
    >> Rob J <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Given Microsoft's track record of innovation, outstanding people
    >>>and
    >>>proven ability to create value, the opportunities that lie ahead are
    >>>nearly limitless," [Liddell] said

    >> Pity he had to join the company after it's passed its peak.

    > LOL. When was the "peak" exactly?

    sometime before they changed using stockoptions as part of the salary of
    execs?

    Shane, Apr 27, 2005
  8. Impossible wrote:
    >>>"Given Microsoft's track record of innovation, outstanding people
    >>>and
    >>>proven ability to create value, the opportunities that lie ahead are
    >>>nearly limitless," [Liddell] said

    >>Pity he had to join the company after it's passed its peak.

    > LOL. When was the "peak" exactly?

    obviously prior to profits dropping off :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 27, 2005
  9. Rob J

    steve Guest

    FreedomChooser wrote:

    > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:51:31 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3260494a13aT,00.html
    >>
    >>Ex-CHH chief appointed Microsoft CFO
    >>
    >>Former Carter Holt Harvey chief executive Chris Liddell has been
    >>appointed Microsoft's new chief financial officer.
    >>
    >>Mr Liddell will take up the post on May 9, from his current position as
    >>CFO at Carter Holt's US parent International Paper.

    > Is Chris Liddel the guy that used to be the boss of XTRA

    No. That was a different Chris (Thomas?)....who went to Australia, I think.
    steve, Apr 27, 2005