    up 7GB. Is there anyone out there able to help me get my lost 7GB of storage
    back?

    Many thanks in advance. ;)

    Ian a, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Ian a

    AlanG Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:02:20 +0100, "Ian a" <>
    wrote:

    >I recently installed linux mandrake 9.1 on my slave hdd. After a week or so
    >i decided that i would rather re-install windows ME on the disk, but when i
    >tried to do this with my HP restore disk i was told that i was unable to.
    >
    >After going into DOS i managed to format part of the disk and i can now
    >happily use the HDD as my slave again to back-up my data. The only thing
    >that is concerning me is that the disk is a 20GB disk, but it is only
    >showing up as a 14GB disk. Obviously Linux is still on the disk and taking
    >up 7GB. Is there anyone out there able to help me get my lost 7GB of storage
    >back?

    Use the mandrake disk to remove the linux partitions.

    --
    Alan G
    "The corporate life [of society] must be

    AlanG, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Ian a

    Me2U Guest

    You can try FDISK to remove the non DOS partition, or run a google for
    delpart.exe which will do it. No guarantees on not trashing all your data
    though.

    Me2U, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Ian a

    AlanG Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:24:52 GMT, Me2U <> wrote:

    >You can try FDISK to remove the non DOS partition, or run a google for
    >delpart.exe which will do it. No guarantees on not trashing all your data
    >though.

    I've just been through several linux installations evaluating them for
    my place of work. I found Fdisk will not touch a linux partition. Best
    use the linux install disk to delete the partitions then turn off and
    reboot with the MS disk. Then use Fdisk.

    AlanG, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Ian a

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jul 16, 2003