    cards on the XP computer the camera doesn´t accept the card anymore.
    Any suggestions how to solve the problem?

    H.Henkler

    H.Henkler, Nov 27, 2004

  2. H.Henkler

    Don Dunlap Guest

    "H.Henkler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > for some years I have been formatting my CF cards using a 4-slot card
    > reader. This
    > worked fine and the camera always accepted the formatted CS.
    > Some days ago I installed a new PC running under Windows XP. After
    > formatting some CF
    > cards on the XP computer the camera doesn´t accept the card anymore.
    > Any suggestions how to solve the problem?
    >
    > H.Henkler

    You are probably formating the card using FAT32. Many cameras won't accept
    this. Windows XP gives you the options of FAT32 and FAT. Be sure to use
    FAT! This will probably solve your problem.

    Don Dunlap

    Don Dunlap, Nov 27, 2004

  3. H.Henkler

    H.Henkler Guest

    Don Dunlap schrieb:

    > "H.Henkler" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > for some years I have been formatting my CF cards using a 4-slot card
    > > reader. This
    > > worked fine and the camera always accepted the formatted CS.
    > > Some days ago I installed a new PC running under Windows XP. After
    > > formatting some CF
    > > cards on the XP computer the camera doesn´t accept the card anymore.
    > > Any suggestions how to solve the problem?
    > >
    > > H.Henkler
    > >

    > You are probably formating the card using FAT32. Many cameras won't accept
    > this. Windows XP gives you the options of FAT32 and FAT. Be sure to use
    > FAT! This will probably solve your problem.
    >
    > Don Dunlap

    Thank you, Don. I´ll try and see.
    Herb Henkler

    H.Henkler, Nov 27, 2004
  4. H.Henkler

    Nostrobino Guest

    "H.Henkler" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > for some years I have been formatting my CF cards using a 4-slot card
    > reader. This
    > worked fine and the camera always accepted the formatted CS.
    > Some days ago I installed a new PC running under Windows XP. After
    > formatting some CF
    > cards on the XP computer the camera doesn´t accept the card anymore.
    > Any suggestions how to solve the problem?
    >
    > H.Henkler

    Is there some reason you're not formatting the cards in the camera? The
    Minolta 7Hi manual warns, "Always format the memory card using the camera;
    never use a computer to format a card." Every other Minolta digital camera
    manual I've seen carries the same warning.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Nov 27, 2004