    via my Ixus 400.
    I do not have access to a W98 PCMCIA system. Any suggestions please.

    BobH

    52North, Nov 9, 2005

  2. In article <4371e58c.0@entanet>, 52North
    <> wrote:

    > I mistakenly formatted a 256mb compact flash card via Windows XP, and not
    > via my Ixus 400.
    > I do not have access to a W98 PCMCIA system. Any suggestions please.

    Stick it in the camera and format it?

    Randall Ainsworth, Nov 9, 2005

  3. 52North

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:55:49 -0000, "52North"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I mistakenly formatted a 256mb compact flash card via Windows XP, and not
    >via my Ixus 400.
    >I do not have access to a W98 PCMCIA system. Any suggestions please.
    >
    >BobH

    Assuming that you want FAT16 instead of FAT32, insert the card into
    your reader; when it's recognized, right click on the card's drive in
    Windows Exoplorer, and click on Properties, then Format. In the dialog
    box that appears, choose FAT in the File System box. That will format
    it to FAT16. FAT32 is the default.
    In theory, this should let the card be read by a camera that requires
    FAT16 formatting.
    Unfortunately, in practice it doesn't always work. :-(

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Nov 9, 2005