formatting in a card reader

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carl, Nov 14, 2008.

  1. carl

    carl

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    chester/cheshire/uk
    hello there

    by default in windows xp it will try to format any memory card of 64mb or higher capacity, to (fat 32)

    I have been told that flash cards need to be 16 bit format, but if widows xp tries to format the card in a 32bit format i should not let it

    so where do i go from here if it will not let me. 8)

    this is just for information only, if i ever come to do this.

    thanks for any of your replys

    carl, Nov 14, 2008